Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stuttering sound issue

It's an engine problem. While loading, the game will "freeze". Try to tab out while D2 is starting and immediately tab back in. Windows (at least win7) will say that the game has frozen and asks if you wanna wait or quit. This load is short, but windows still reacts when you try to switch focus back to the game and it won't respond properly.

...which means, when people pick heroes and their effects are loaded.. the game will mini-freeze.
    Last edited by Berra_la; 02-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.

having this problem as well running 8core amd FX and 2 Radeon 6series.

--Bump in progress--
    Pretty much everyone has this issue and it can be extremely disrupting or annoying. Any idea if they ar even looking into trying to solve this issue? I mean if it is an obvious straight forward bug that is happening to just about everyone, you would think they'd let us know that it is being worked on or something.

I have this problem and it occasionally returns in the game as well. Once it starts stuttering, it will continue until i restart dota. Sometimes when I attempt to restart dota 2, it will not let me rejoin the game. In addition, sometimes if I try to mute this and play on, a visual stuttering occurs as well.

Basic Member
    The FIX is actually just to TURN OFF VSYNC. Certain Drivers are causing an issue. Unsure if it is Sound Driver (I am using Microsoft driver for my Logitech USB Headset) or a Video Driver problem (mine is Geforce 670 with latest - not beta).