Thread: Small Bastion announcer bug

Basic Member

Small Bastion announcer bug

When I picked Shadow Shaman I had a teammate that immediatly picked Nyx Assassin right after me, and instead of the announcer saying the voice line to my hero (Shadow Shaman) he said Nyx Assassin's line.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Basic Member
    Oh and in these last games he hasn't been saying any hero lines whatsoever for me.
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Basic Member
    OK i found out what's going on. the bastion announcer will always comment on the hero the first player (blue) chooses, instead of my own.

Basic Member
    Same + 1 Want a answer from valve because honestly it's a deal breaker for me I want a refund it's bull shit it's broken.

The announcers are already expensive enough and now to find this little/big annoyances isn't helping tbh. ;o

Basic Member
    bump bump, I actually bought it from the store and now I'm disappointed -.-

I have no evidence for these theories as I have not looked at the code (let alone fully understand it), but they could explain the cause. I'm just throwing these out there to hopefully grant some people a little peace of mind or something to chew on.
    Theories 1 and 7 (in bold) are the most logical to me. Theory 1 is the most likely. Parts of theory 7 are also likely.

1) it is an entirely random chance upon hero selection for the message to play.
    2) it is determined by position on the team.
    3) it is determined by position in the selection order (ie, first person to pick, third, fifth, etc.).
    4) it is determined by team composition.
    5) it is determined by specific heroes selected.
    6) a player is randomly selected to have whatever hero they select announced.
    7a) there could be a set interval between announcement lines (a cooldown), such as no message will play within a set number of seconds before or after the "welcome" message, the "seconds remaining" message, or a previous hero selection message;
    7b) expounding further on the previous theory, it makes a lot of sense for a hero selection message not to play if it conflicts with a more important message, and a set pause following a previous message negates the event of the messages rushing together.
    7c) a possible addition to this theory involves the length of the voice message determining whether or not it will play.

EDIT) This thread should probably be in the Announcers section of the Sounds sub-forum.
    Last edited by Mister Musashi; 01-12-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    No matter how hard I try...

I can't carry the entire world.