Thread: [Suggestion] Show custom map that's updating

[Suggestion] Show custom map that's updating

Hey, Just a little suggestion, I've got like 5 or 6 updates today (most likely custom maps) but I honestly have no idea which ones were updated, it would be nice to have little notes that say f/e:

-Dota 2: Main client update
    -Dota 2: Custom Game <name> update

Should be possible since you don't get the "client out of date" warning when you're just downloading a map.

Anyway, Later!

to expand on this idea:

Let map creators put little notice to what changed to the update or a link to workshop update page or something along thos lines.

So that players playing that mode can communicate with the map makers and give feeedback faster
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    to expand on this idea:

Let map creators put little notice to what changed to the update or a link to workshop update page or something along thos lines.

So that players playing that mode can communicate with the map makers and give feeedback faster
    Yeah, that's actually better, give them some freedom to upload a mini changelog (this changed -> workshop page), that would be a lot more helpful

Weeeell and while they're at it they could just do the patch notes for the mini patches, it would solve a lot of questions

Yes this would be absolutely great. I generally write the updates in the Change Notes link but I assume most people miss them: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...elog/300989405

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    Hey, Just a little suggestion, I've got like 5 or 6 updates today (most likely custom maps) but I honestly have no idea which ones were updated, it would be nice to have little notes that say f/e:

-Dota 2: Main client update
    -Dota 2: Custom Game <name> update

Should be possible since you don't get the "client out of date" warning when you're just downloading a map.

Anyway, Later!
    Awesome idea!
    This should be applied to all Steam Workshops...like CS:GO and TF2!

New/updated subscriptions could also have a little icon/banner/or similar when browsing your subscribed games to notify the user which custom maps has been updated (and not played), CS:GO has this but only for "new" maps

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    There's always the discussion area of the submission page, but yea, a dedicated "patch notes" popup or some such would be quite convenient too!

Workshop Manager Tool added and should take care of this. Thank you!