Thread: Workshop tools won't launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
    My brother can launch this tool on Win 8, problem is not here
    Be more specific plz
    i personally have the same issue
    Win 8.1 Enterprise 64bit
    Maybe only 8.1 Enterprise users have this issue

(Win7 Ultimate x64)
    Probably the same problem - once I launch any standard custom map, or \SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota_ugc\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe, it opens a loading screen and then crashes, creating ~50-mb file of sort dota2_2014_0901_163543_0_accessviolation.mdmp. It also creates a much smaller dump in \dumps folder (attached). Developers, please get your shit together.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've fixed my problem by goofing around the files, dunno what the prob was but i've done this :
    1_ go to ( E:\Game\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota_ugc\game\bin\win64 )
    2_ run dota2cfg.exe
    3_ Lunch dota 2 workshop tools ( mouse over Adventure_example )
    4_ it asks you to create a dublicate, click Create
    5_ some shits will be calculated and then a window will appear
    6_ close the thing and go have fun ( no save or edit needed )

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Spider View Post
    (Win7 Ultimate x64)
    Probably the same problem - once I launch any standard custom map, or \SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota_ugc\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe, it opens a loading screen and then crashes, creating ~50-mb file of sort dota2_2014_0901_163543_0_accessviolation.mdmp. It also creates a much smaller dump in \dumps folder (attached). Developers, please get your shit together.
    You probably need to update your nvidia driver. D3D11 is failing in this dump in a way that makes me think you are running one of their old drivers that didn't fully support D3D11.

Basic Member
    i also can't access dota 2 workshop tools, always crash at startup since release. im running win7 64bit with an amd hd7950 and an i5 3570k. it crashes when i try to load the workshop tool or load a custom game from dota2. strangely enough. the game seems to work fine when i start it directly from dota2.exe in /bin/win64/.

attached is the latest crash dump, i'd love if some dev could tell me why it crashes every time, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by vibecox View Post
    i also can't access dota 2 workshop tools, always crash at startup since release. im running win7 64bit with an amd hd7950 and an i5 3570k. it crashes when i try to load the workshop tool or load a custom game from dota2. strangely enough. the game seems to work fine when i start it directly from dota2.exe in /bin/win64/.

attached is the latest crash dump, i'd love if some dev could tell me why it crashes every time, thanks.
    Your crash dump indicates a crash loading mactype64.dll. This is a third party extension (for fonts I think?) that is hooking our tools process and apparently causing the crash. Can you disable that application and try again? I think the crash has more to do with the hooking method (EasyHook64) than the font program.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStelly View Post
    Your crash dump indicates a crash loading mactype64.dll. This is a third party extension (for fonts I think?) that is hooking our tools process and apparently causing the crash. Can you disable that application and try again? I think the crash has more to do with the hooking method (EasyHook64) than the font program.
    i disabled mactype for dota2.exe and dota2cfg.exe and it doesn't crash anymore. thank you so much, i was going crazy over this!

Basic Member
    i got the same problem. whenever custom game start, my main dota 2 close and thats it, i tried not click anything for 10 minutes or more but nothing really happened. but if i run dota2.exe and dota2cfg from game/bin/win64/ they run as it supposed to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wacvonduug...ndump.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Ramboetan; 09-09-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add link

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramboetan View Post
    i got the same problem. whenever custom game start, my main dota 2 close and thats it, i tried not click anything for 10 minutes or more but nothing really happened. but if i run dota2.exe and dota2cfg from game/bin/win64/ they run as it supposed to be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wacvonduug...ndump.zip?dl=0
    These crashes are all in the ATI video driver at startup. I don't have a specific theory about it, but it may be a driver issue or a video settings issue.

Basic Member
    JayStelly, can you help me with my dump too, pls.
    dota2cfg_2014_0916_180829_0_accessviolation.zip
    Thank you.