Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Workshop tools won't launch.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
    JayStelly, can you help me with my dump too, pls.
    Attachment 26811
    Thank you.
    Are you running some software for rumble support on a game controller? It looks like a similar issue to the mactype crash above - the 64-bit hooking code for this USB game controller software is causing crashes with our tools. If you can disable that it should work. I'm not 100% sure of this because I do not have this software to try and reproduce the issue, but that's what it looks like is going on in your dump.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayStelly View Post
    Are you running some software for rumble support on a game controller? It looks like a similar issue to the mactype crash above - the 64-bit hooking code for this USB game controller software is causing crashes with our tools. If you can disable that it should work. I'm not 100% sure of this because I do not have this software to try and reproduce the issue, but that's what it looks like is going on in your dump.
    Wow, you're right! I had USB gamepad enabled all this time. If you need additional info about gamepad:
    Gamepad havit Model: HV-G82 or web-market link. Thank you very much!

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
    Wow, you're right! I had USB gamepad enabled all this time. If you need additional info about gamepad:
    Gamepad havit Model: HV-G82 or web-market link. Thank you very much!
    I believe the bug is actually a 64-bit bug in this software:
    http://easyhook.codeplex.com/
    but lots of third party tools use it to inject into other processes and modify stuff (like your game controller). I believe the underlying bug has actually been fixed, but plenty of third party programs are using old versions of EasyHook and 64-bit in general has less testing because most applications are still 32-bit.

Basic Member

Talking

JayStelly,I also met this dump yesterday,can you help me to fix this problem?Here is the dump file,thank you.
    crash_dota2.exe_20150110124208_1.zip

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by yaomaizu View Post
    JayStelly,I also met this dump yesterday,can you help me to fix this problem?Here is the dump file,thank you.
    crash_dota2.exe_20150110124208_1.zip
    You are crashing due to some bad font data (font is reporting some really large character - looks like a unicode character what language are you running?). You are also running a few injected programs I don't recognize, although maybe it's just an IME. I also see raptr, but I don't expect that to cause any problems. This crash is somewhat common - many other users are hitting it. We are working on some kind of workaround. It looks straightforward to make this not crash, but it may result in bad text rendering instead because the font data we are seeing seems incorrect. Anyway, if you have some kind of unusual setup for fonts it would be interesting to know about.

Hi, same problem here. JayStelly, can you help please?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kvnp2j3wy...111_1.dmp?dl=0
    not sure if this is the right one(it isn't dota2.exe but dota.exe), but it is the only dump with dota I could find on my computer, and I can't get workshop tools to create another one.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwarrior12345 View Post
    Hi, same problem here. JayStelly, can you help please?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kvnp2j3wy...111_1.dmp?dl=0
    not sure if this is the right one(it isn't dota2.exe but dota.exe), but it is the only dump with dota I could find on my computer, and I can't get workshop tools to create another one.
    That isn't a crash in the dota 2 workshop tools. It's a crash in dota - looks like a d3d driver issue or maybe some conflict with some video hooking software you have installed (dxtory is hooking dota's d3d device in this dump)