Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Meepos walk back after poof to attack without having issued attack orders

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Meepos walk back after poof to attack without having issued attack orders

Summary:
    whenever meepos are attacking units and you poof them to another meepo who is located in a different place of the map there is a chance that meepos who poofed in will maintain aggro and pursue the mentioned units (even if those are in fog of war)

Repro Steps:
    0- it's mandatory that you have Auto-Attack After Spell ON, this is the cause of the bug, and if you are wondering "just turn it off then", i can tell you it's impossible to play as meepo with Auto-Attack After Spell turned OFF
    1- since there is a chance this can happen you will want to have 4 meepos hitting an arbitrary enemy unit, then place the 5th meepo at fountain or another arbitrary different place of the map
    2- select them all and poof them to the 5th one
    3- watch the result

Result:
    some of them after poofing will, WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL ORDER TO, pursue the enemy unit, however it doesn't occur 100% of times, i'd say it's 50%, if there isn't even one doing so repeat the steps 1- and 2-

Expected Result: Meepoes do not walk back to attack the unit they attacked before
    tested on wc3 dota: when doing the same on wc3 dota it won't occur, not even once. this bug interfers my gameplay since i want my injuried meepos to stay in fountain and get its HP healed before i can poof them to fight again

Last edited by squeeze1; 10-10-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added vid

Basic Member
    this bug so frustrating, bump

Basic Member
    bump

Basic Member
    if u are wondering why do i want this fixed i'm posting a video to illustrate what you SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IN WARCRAFT 3 DOTA BUT ISNT ABLE TO IN DOTA2, SINCE IN DOTA2 MEEPOS WILL EVENTUALLY LEAVE FOUNTAIN WITHOUT ANY ORDERS TO DO SO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVv6g8KcWM 1:58
    Last edited by squeeze1; 09-09-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Basic Member
    bump

I couldnt repro this.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I couldnt repro this.
    auto-attack (optional) and auto-attack after spell (mandatory) have to be checked as ON
    Last edited by squeeze1; 10-10-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze1 View Post
    auto-attack and auto-attack after spell have to be checked as ON
    Yes I had them on and it didn't happen.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    i have tested it multiple times, i am sure the bug exists so what may have occurred is that 1- u have done something wrong, what is most likely not to be the case or 2-u havent done enough times, altough the chance is high it's not 100%. please test it 3 times if needed, i truly hate this bug

Basic Member
    Can confirm this!
    This is nr 3 on my meepo list. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=127553
    I thought i had already reported this, but I only wrote it as a point on my list when I discovered it some time ago. Thanks for posting and reminding me about it!