Thread: [Resolved] MoM and Desolator working together

[Resolved] MoM and Desolator working together

Greetings, DotADev community!
    Usually MoM and Desolator don't work together, Desolator doesn't give -armor buff to enemies.
    But if you do following:
    1. Put your MoM on the ground
    2. Attack unit (for example building) once
    3. Pick up your MoM
    4. Keep attacking

Then Desolator's -armor buff will be refreshed with every attack, even if you have 2 orbs in your inventory and Desolator shouldn't work. You will get lifesteal as well.
    It's not like it's useful for abuse, but still should be fixed.

Basic Member
    If your Deso works, that should mean you don't get the lifesteal anymore. I think that is how it always worked-you get the orb from the item you picked up first. So, unless you're refreshing Corruption AND lifestealing, it's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    If your Deso works, that should mean you don't get the lifesteal anymore. I think that is how it always worked-you get the orb from the item you picked up first. So, unless you're refreshing Corruption AND lifestealing, it's not a bug.
    If you have both MoM and Deso, then you get lifesteal and Deso doesn't work, but if you do what is written here, then both orbs works (buff can be only refreshed, for any other target you have to repeat steps written above).

Basic Member
    Please check properly. You only get whatever UAM you acquired first. So if you bought lifesteal before desolator, you get lifesteal. Then, when you do what you wrote, you are actually making desolator the first acquired UAM. So desolator works and lifesteal doesn't. I tested it in-game as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svyaga View Post
    If you have both MoM and Deso, then you get lifesteal and Deso doesn't work, but if you do what is written here, then both orbs works (buff can be only refreshed, for any other target you have to repeat steps written above).
    I can't believe you made me check this in Dota. Like I said, you're wrong. They never work at the same time. Never. Only the first picked up works. If you drop MoM and pick it up, like you said, you debuff enemies with Corruption but you don't lifesteal. Again, this works as it should. They do NOT work at the same time. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    I can't believe you made me check this in Dota. Like I said, you're wrong. They never work at the same time. Never. Only the first picked up works. If you drop MoM and pick it up, like you said, you debuff enemies with Corruption but you don't lifesteal. Again, this works as it should. They do NOT work at the same time. Ever.
    True, my bad. Didn't check this properly. Sorry