Thread: [HELP]Dota2 Problem: CPU Usage 100% + Freeze

Basic Member

[HELP]Dota2 Problem: CPU Usage 100% + Freeze

Hello.

I have more than 650 hours of DotA on one account and on another, 60 hours. So that's it pretty much like 700 hours. It's the first time that I have the problem. So, I login on Steam and I can play any game in my library, no problem. But when I launch DotA, I can navigate through settings and friends, watch games or spectating, but when I enter in the Play section, the game freezes (the game just crashes, but only in Normal / Ranked / 1 v 1 / Bot Match section, so I cannot play Dota alone, only with a party, I cannot find a match alone). The game just freezes and my CPU Usage is 100%.

My PC: processor: Intel i7 4770k, GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 MSI Lightning Edition. RAM: 8 GB RAM 2133 Mhz Corsair. Motherboard: MSI G45 GAMING Edition. HDD + SSD: 2TB + 60 GB.

I did the -autoconfig, -safe settings in my Steam Library, I reistalled DotA a few times and I also renamed the folder SteamApps in old_steamapps and nothing. I still have the same problem.

Thanks

Basic Member
    Same

Basic Member
    Anyone can help me?

hmm when you open task manager and know your CPU Usage is 100%,
    which Program did you see causing those ? try to sort it by CPU.

Because i had the same problem before and i kill IDMGrHlp.exe from Intern*t Downlo*ad Manag*r and Block this Process,
    so whenever i Start my Laptop it wont Run again And my CPU Usage back to 40% when Steam and DotA 2 Running.

I've got the exact same problem, if anyone has found a fix to this please post! Thanks