Thread: [C]Archer Aura from multiple Necronomicons of different levels is incorrectly applied

[C]Archer Aura from multiple Necronomicons of different levels is incorrectly applied

Summary
    When a team has multiple active Necronomicon Archers of different levels, the Attack Speed and Movement Aura (AKA Archer Aura) that is applied is that of the first Archer summoned. Despite having the appropriately larger models and greater HP, damage, attack range and base movement speed, subsequently summoned Archers of higher level do not apply their higher level aura to either their allies or themselves. They either act as if they have no aura to give and merely benefit from the initially summoned Archer's or adopt the initially summoned Archer's aura as their own.

Repro Steps
    1. Equip 2 allied heroes with Necronomicons, each of different level
    2. Summon them one after the other
    3. Note the Archer Aura buff indicator and the attack and movement speeds of each hero and Necronomicon creep
    4. Repeat 2 and 3 with the opposite summoning order

Result
    The buff indicator reads that the aura is of the level of the first Necronomicon used, regardless of whether or not the second Necronomicon is a higher level than the first. The attack and movement speeds of each hero and Necronomicon creep confirms this to be true.

Expected Result
    An aura's buffs and debuffs should immediately update to the highest level aura. Right now, the Necronomicon Archer's aura is the only one which doesn't do that.

The Aura Stacking section of the PlayDotA Item's Passive Skills Stacking Guide says:
    Auras will not stack with themselves because they place a buff on the affected units, and since the units can't acquire the same buff two times they will only be affected by the aura with the highest value.
    Therefore, as an example, when a Necronomicon 2 is summoned after an allied Necronomicon 1, the Necronomicon 2's Archer Aura should apply to all nearby allies, overriding the Necronomicon 1's Archer Aura.

On a related note, there's a slight inconsistency between how certain aura buffs are displayed. For example, the icons for Vladmir's Offering's Vladmir's Aura and Drum of Endurance's Swiftess Aura display "Vladmir's Aura" and "Swiftness Aura", respectively. That is, each displays the name of its respective aura. However, instead of displaying "Assault Aura" and "Attack Speed and Movement Aura", the icons for Assault Cuirass's Assault Aura and Necronomicon Archer's Attack Speed and Movement Aura display "Assault Cuirass" and "Archer Aura".

Last edited by acetone15; 09-11-2014 at 02:56 PM.

10 years since reply to my thread.

Where's imxtrabored when I need him?

Basic Member
    Fyi, this is also the reason for Wraith King's Vampiric Aura not working when he respawns near his illusions.
    Finally decided to "transition" to dota 2. Still does not like moving.

Hmm, I assume you're referring to the Vampiric aura stops working bug listed here? It seems that the thread for that bug is dead. It sends me to an otherwise empty page that contains this message:
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I just tested whether or not Vampiric Aura works after Wraith King dies near his illusions, and it worked fine for me. The aura's buff indicator seems kinda buggy, though, as it would only appear on Wraith King after I summoned illusions (never appeared on illusions), then the Vampiric Aura skill icon would expire or something after a short time, leaving an indicator for the aura but with a grayed Dota logo instead of the Vampiric Aura skill icon, and eventually the buff indicator would disappear again entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone15 View Post
    Hmm, I assume you're referring to the Vampiric aura stops working bug listed here? It seems that the thread for that bug is dead. It sends me to an otherwise empty page that contains this message:

I just tested whether or not Vampiric Aura works after Wraith King dies near his illusions, and it worked fine for me. The aura's buff indicator seems kinda buggy, though, as it would only appear on Wraith King after I summoned illusions (never appeared on illusions), then the Vampiric Aura skill icon would expire or something after a short time, leaving an indicator for the aura but with a grayed Dota logo instead of the Vampiric Aura skill icon, and eventually the buff indicator would disappear again entirely.
    Seems like that thread got deleted..

This is the WK aura bug, probably affects every aura which uses the same principe like his.
    Please, just call me buny.

Added video to OP.
    Please, just call me buny.

Thanks bu3ny.