Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Consider adding smartcast to this game

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    maybe using hotkey to aim spell while hovering mouse over someone I don't want to target and casting the spell on him in result?
    Ooooh really? It's your problem then. This is the way how it supposed to work, you should not fail at your targeting before using smartcast.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    maybe using hotkey to aim spell while hovering mouse over someone I don't want to target and casting the spell on him in result?
    How about we label this as an element of depth and go to great lengths to make this kind of a system as unintuitive as possible, forcing our entire audience to use yet another element of our Interface that plays like it was conceived in the 1990s and never really tested. It would fit very nicely with the rest of the game. Think of the Skill Ceiling™.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    Options are good.
    why does everyone keep saying this? oversaturating the options menu with shit 10% of the population is going to use is not 'good' by any stretch

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    why does everyone keep saying this? oversaturating the options menu with shit 10% of the population is going to use is not 'good' by any stretch
    It's really not a bad thing. I know I can keep your attention for all of 30 seconds so I'll make this brief. Parsing gamestate information is different for every individual and the more information that is available, the more complicated the problem of a 'universal UI' becomes. Eventually, once enough information needs to be relayed to the user, a universal UI ceases to be possible and various options and changes to the UI should be made available to the user. Eventually, as you present even more information, you either have to expand your options continuously to allow for different display options or you need to start to support 3rd party addons.

Insisting that every individual must parse information in one of a 2 or 3 ways made available by the game is an antiquated idea that died the second World of Warcraft redefined what it means to create a great UI.

Furthermore, insisting that that in any scenario 'options are not good' or even 'options are not necessary' is borderline dotaCommunity.txt and it's something I would love to see you defend.
    Last edited by Kautzman; 12-27-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Basic Member
    I won't use this, and imo they shouldn't implement this, just click on your fucking target.

Basic Member
    I wouldn't mind it that much

But only for spells that don't require a single target
    You can do THAT one fucking click for a Stormbolt

Basic Member
    people complain but it makes lol so much more fun when one uses smart cast as opposed to regular targeting.

Banned
    This feature is actually under construction and called cast immediate. Pretty useful thing.

I like using smartcast in lol and when I play hon and now dota 2 it always feels like I cannot play as fast as I do in lol because of the lack of smartcast. Its a simple quality of life issue like right click deny, or changing the hp bar breaks, but i cannot change the config to add it. +1

Being able to click the target is a part of the game. The intelligent and experienced players use this to their advantage in a game, simply hovering over them will reduce the skill factor of hiding in the shadows in fights/ganks popping in and out to do work.