Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Consider adding smartcast to this game

Consider adding smartcast to this game

For those that don't know, smartcasting is a mechanic in league of legends that bypasses clicking on a target when you use a skill, it simply uses it on the target your mouse is hovering over

If you haven't tried this, i urge you to, this is an addition that makes the game feel much, much smoother.

And if you're going to argue clicking on a target is skill-based.. Just.. Really?

Basic Member
    go play LoL, I like it as it is, changing it could cause some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    go play LoL, I like it as it is, changing it could cause some issues.
    You must be a software development expert, what issues it might cause exactly?

Options are good. I would personally never use it since I'm waay too used to the way it is. But this game is not for only me, or the hardcore Dota fans. Not even Dota players from the stone age should be able to argue no-skill on this one.

+1, why not.

Banned
    the problem with DotA currently is that there are so many purists, vehemently against all other improvements that come from newer games of the same gengre, just because it might somehow spoil the perfection of the game.
    Well guess what, the game keeps on being patched, it's not perfect and it could use all the improvements available to become better than its competition.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by okrane View Post
    the problem with DotA currently is that there are so many purists, vehemently against all other improvements that come from newer games of the same gengre, just because it might somehow spoil the perfection of the game.
    Well guess what, the game keeps on being patched, it's not perfect and it could use all the improvements available to become better than its competition.

+1
    Pretty much exactly what i fear will be the ultimate failure of DotA 2, its ok to add some of the improvements from other games in the genre, like, i'd say the two best things about LoL are smartcast and its very, very smart shop interface.

God do i love smartcast.. It just feels so smooth to me :P, but i nkow plenty of people who hate it too, it tends to appeal to more, twitchy-action style players

Basic Member
    Wait, correct me if I am wrong but smartcasting is making the game choosing the target for you?

What do you mean by "smooth"?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gr!mun View Post
    Wait, correct me if I am wrong but smartcasting is making the game choosing the target for you?

What do you mean by "smooth"?
    no, smart cast simply eliminates the need to click, you just hover your mouse over the target you want

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    You must be a software development expert, what issues it might cause exactly?
    maybe using hotkey to aim spell while hovering mouse over someone I don't want to target and casting the spell on him in result?