Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Consider adding smartcast to this game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Consider adding smartcast to this game

For those that don't know, smartcasting is a mechanic in league of legends that bypasses clicking on a target when you use a skill, it simply uses it on the target your mouse is hovering over

If you haven't tried this, i urge you to, this is an addition that makes the game feel much, much smoother.

And if you're going to argue clicking on a target is skill-based.. Just.. Really?

Basic Member
    go play LoL, I like it as it is, changing it could cause some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    go play LoL, I like it as it is, changing it could cause some issues.
    You must be a software development expert, what issues it might cause exactly?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    You must be a software development expert, what issues it might cause exactly?
    maybe using hotkey to aim spell while hovering mouse over someone I don't want to target and casting the spell on him in result?

maybe using hotkey to aim spell while hovering mouse over someone I don't want to target and casting the spell on him in result?
    Ooooh really? It's your problem then. This is the way how it supposed to work, you should not fail at your targeting before using smartcast.

Basic Member
    How about we label this as an element of depth and go to great lengths to make this kind of a system as unintuitive as possible, forcing our entire audience to use yet another element of our Interface that plays like it was conceived in the 1990s and never really tested. It would fit very nicely with the rest of the game. Think of the Skill Ceiling™.

I like using smartcast in lol and when I play hon and now dota 2 it always feels like I cannot play as fast as I do in lol because of the lack of smartcast. Its a simple quality of life issue like right click deny, or changing the hp bar breaks, but i cannot change the config to add it. +1

Basic Member
    As a player who has recently gotten into League of legends (i was passing time until dota 2 came out.) i got a great deal of experince in that game. going 4-1 in ranked and generally being one of the better players on my team ever game in normals. i feel like i've learnt quiet abit about the game. (there wasnt much to learn. i knew most of the fundumantals from dota and just had to learn heros and items.) once i got dota 2 i really havent had an urge to play it again(i do still game it because i have friends who are hard wired to it.) Though it was a nice break from wc3. going into dota 2 i noticed alot of the complaints i kept hearing washed away really quickly. people just need to get use to the ui. it only takes a few games.

Smart casting while it may be nice for some people the only time i've really missed smartcasting was on blink dagger. being able to "smartcast" hero upgrades is such a life saver. ever game i play of lol im constantly wishing this feature was in that game.

The only complaint i've really had so far with the user interface that needs addressing soon is the unit selection system. I use to be able to play champions like chen furion and enigma very well. now i cant anymore because its so slow and sluggish switching between heros. i'm interested to see how valve adapts this to the source engine (no the hold ctrl and micro all isnt a feature that helps me. its a clumsy system.)

So i guess what im saying in the long run. If people want there smart casting...go ahead and give it to them. But i think theres other underlying issues inside this game that needs fixing before you start trying to make this game more like League of legends or HoN.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed View Post
    missed smartcasting was on blink dagger
    mate you can have ''smart cast'' on blink dagger inventory items can be set that they are used with one click.

Options are good. I would personally never use it since I'm waay too used to the way it is. But this game is not for only me, or the hardcore Dota fans. Not even Dota players from the stone age should be able to argue no-skill on this one.

+1, why not.