Thread: Rename the skill brackets

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    Yeah, rename brackets to:

Low
    Very Low
    Retard

/s

PS: nobody cares about the normal/high/very high rank, we all know it's bullshit
    Would buy a cosmetic that does this.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    MMR means nothing, it serves no purpose other than giving bad players the false image of them being good players because they have a higher MMR than a much better player.
    keep telling yourself that.

mmr is an indication that you are performing actions that increase your chance to win games. mmr is not the same thing as skill, but there's a major correlation between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    It is based on the average MMR of all players. Just because your MMR was not inside one of the skill brackets doesn't mean that the game's average wasn't as well.
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k . If you didn't realise due to the way the game is balanced in a game everyone will have similiar MMR and if you have a stack with a varied mmr then the average of that stack is taken, and people are slotted around that. I.E 5k in party with 3k, they rank as 2 people at 4k and balance continues as normal (With preference for another stack on opposite team of similiar disparity)

So I will repeat. The brackets are independent of the average MMR of the game or "mmr calculations. Rather the brackets serve to highlight games where specific heroes are being played with skill. It'd take into account stuff like GPM XPM etc. That's why a lot of stomps are in high or very high due to the huge XPM GPM on a team in a short time, or why games with much farm/kills on both sides also get into such brackets.

There are other factors as well.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 09-19-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k . If you didn't realise due to the way the game is balanced in a game everyone will have similiar MMR and if you have a stack with a varied mmr then the average of that stack is taken, and people are slotted around that. I.E 5k in party with 3k, they rank as 2 people at 4k and balance continues as normal (With preference for another stack on opposite team of similiar disparity)

So I will repeat. The brackets are independent of the average MMR of the game or "mmr calculations. Rather the brackets serve to highlight games where specific heroes are being played with skill. It'd take into account stuff like GPM XPM etc. That's why a lot of stomps are in high or very high due to the huge XPM GPM on a team in a short time, or why games with much farm/kills on both sides also get into such brackets.

this is the most stupid, delusional, and flat-out wrong thing i have ever seen.

Basic Member
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    No shit...
    If you didn't realise due to the way the game is balanced in a game everyone will have similiar MMR and if you have a stack with a varied mmr then the average of that stack is taken, and people are slotted around that. I.E 5k in party with 3k, they rank as 2 people at 4k and balance continues as normal (With preference for another stack on opposite team of similiar disparity)
    Yes. And how does that make brackets independent of mmr?

Stats don't have ANY affect on the skill brackets. Take a 3k game with same or better stats as some 5k game. The 3k game is normal, the 5k game is very high. Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by noblue View Post
    this is the most stupid, delusional, and flat-out wrong thing i have ever seen.
    +
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    Bump!

Everyone thinks that 500MR under his current level is "the trench". So its actually irrelevant what brackets you have or at what MMR.

I must agree though that the current split with normal, high and very high being roughly around 4k is somewhat irritating. Atleast for me. No idea how or why they came up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Everyone thinks that 500MR under his current level is "the trench". So its actually irrelevant what brackets you have or at what MMR.

I must agree though that the current split with normal, high and very high being roughly around 4k is somewhat irritating. Atleast for me. No idea how or why they came up with that.
    The old unranked MMR distribution probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/
    5% 1100
    10% 1500
    25% 2000
    50% 2250
    75% 2731
    90% 3200
    95% 3900
    99% 4100
    Nowhere close to the current ranked ratings, but I guess they simply never updates it because it has no meaning anyway.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

People should really stop thinking that your skill has anything to do with your MMR.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    People should really stop thinking that your skill has anything to do with your MMR.
    Quote Originally Posted by noblue View Post
    keep telling yourself that.