Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do when being abused?

Basic Member

Question What to do when being abused?

So there are few people that simply dont like me for x reasons in the game. Everytime i play with or against them they always report me at the start of the game, even though i do not say anything, sometimes dont even speak or type at all for entire game. Due to them being in my mmr bracket, i keep getting matched up with them about every other game, and since i cant dodge or else il have to wait tons of hours just to be able to que a game, i have to go on and play, now however i keep getting muted 165 hours and sent to lo pro and other punishments like that.

What do i do? For real how can someone let this happen, im sure im not alone and im sure this is alot more common then we think.

Basic Member
    you just dont care or you just man up and abuse back like you would IRL

Quote Originally Posted by TomTomNT View Post
    So there are few people that simply dont like me for x reasons in the game. Everytime i play with or against them they always report me at the start of the game, even though i do not say anything, sometimes dont even speak or type at all for entire game. Due to them being in my mmr bracket, i keep getting matched up with them about every other game, and since i cant dodge or else il have to wait tons of hours just to be able to que a game, i have to go on and play, now however i keep getting muted 165 hours and sent to lo pro and other punishments like that.

What do i do? For real how can someone let this happen, im sure im not alone and im sure this is alot more common then we think.

Welcome to the problem. The best thing you can do is read similar threads, try to take other people's opinions and help us propose beneficial changes to the system. Many other posters here will make you feel that your time is wasted but believe it or not, Valve developers do listen and do make improvements to this system.
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Welcome to the problem. The best thing you can do is read similar threads, try to take other people's opinions and help us propose beneficial changes to the system. Many other posters here will make you feel that your time is wasted but believe it or not, Valve developers do listen and do make improvements to this system.
    Yeah, let's listen to the guy who've been kicked into LPQ 20+ times for not following the instructions on his stupid sig.

Basic Member
    Never got muted in my life while playing dota. Have 2.5k games. I never flamed from desperation, but instead made troll jokes and similar stuff. Nobody muted me. I played in 4+1 when I was solo and captained the team. Nobody muted me when I started raging because they were trolling and we eventually won the game.

So quick answer: TRY TO WIN. Use the mic if you have onr. People tend to respect allies who tell them verbally where to go as a team.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa1nt View Post
    Never got muted in my life while playing dota. Have 2.5k games. I never flamed from desperation, but instead made troll jokes and similar stuff. Nobody muted me. I played in 4+1 when I was solo and captained the team. Nobody muted me when I started raging because they were trolling and we eventually won the game.

So quick answer: TRY TO WIN. Use the mic if you have onr. People tend to respect allies who tell them verbally where to go as a team.
    or ppl that play 5 games a week dont get reported like ppl that play 8 games a day system punish ppl that play alot not by the amount you played all time.

Basic Member
    dont fight fire with fire, Just try not to rage as much in game or ping spam.

Basic Member
    ofc you fight fire with fire online talking nice to them wont get you anyway since there only point is to anoy ppl better just make yourself feel better and tell them what you think about them

if you ve reported someone before, you cant report him again. Look at sing's stream, he is reporting his party quite alot but it only counts the first time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SabotaZ View Post
    if you ve reported someone before, you cant report him again. Look at sing's stream, he is reporting his party quite alot but it only counts the first time.
    Yes for that game it counts as one report, if you are in that persons mmr bracket you will play with him or against him again and again so he can report you after next game or the next day, in which case the report will count, in which case you will get muted or go to low pro for too many reports, as well as other people that they tell to can report you as well, which is what usually happens. "OMG REPORT THIS IDIOT HES PERU" ok, boom 5 ppl report you and one of those will count, now if i play atleast 10 games a day, i have no chance, yet i dont even speak...