Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Season Two

Basic Member
    Are players only awarded points from tournaments with DotaTV tickets? Last season it seemed like they sometimes did and sometimes not.

Is there anyway to specify which tournaments will give points?
    Last edited by BAPEsta; 09-28-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Valve Developer
    Correct, only tournaments that are listed as Premium or Professional give points. You can't specify points on a per-tournament basis, but you can adjust how many points the Premium and Professional levels give.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Correct, only tournaments that are listed as Premium or Professional give points. You can't specify points on a per-tournament basis, but you can adjust how many points the Premium and Professional levels give.

I might have expressed myself incorrectly. What I ment was if you can know for sure which tournament that will give points, just now after Fnatic vs Team Tinker in D2CL no points were given to me even though I have a player on TT. I remember that this happened last season too that some games didn't give me points even though they were listed in Premium/Pro and the games were live in the client.

There seems to be a problem with the Web Interface, my leagues matchups have not been added to the interface, but they are shown in the game client. I am also not sure if the Live Score Updating is working, does not seem like it.

A feature I think you should look into is trading players directly between fantasy teams, where I can offer a player for trade against another fantasy teams player.
    Last edited by BAPEsta; 09-29-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Valve Developer
    What's your league/friend ID, I can take a look.

Valve Developer
    Scores from yesterday should be correct now, and matchups should be showing up properly on the web interface.

I'll be monitoring games tomorrow for any problems with live updating.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    What's your league/friend ID, I can take a look.
    League ID: 297951

The issue with the Matchups not showing up in the web interface seems to have sorted itself out by now. Although I'm not sure wether the scoring is working properly since you can't see the fantasy point score board from a match unless you own the tournament ticket.

My friends(we both have players on Team Tinker) scores only showed up hours after the game(TT vs Fnatic) was played which makes me a bit suspicious about the functionality of the Live Score update. My player (qojqva in this case) has no score at all, I know that last season it would show if a player got points even if it was negative points.

Player transactions also seem a bit confusing at the moment, on the matchup page it does not show the new player that just got traded to my team, but in my roster it does so I'm not sure if I actually got the player since me and another fantasy team traded for the same player. The transaction page on the Web Interface and the in-game client are also different. As you can see here and here. Not sure if the time stamps are supposed to be the same each day or if they're supposed to show the exact time that the trade was requested.

If there's a more appropriate channel for me to go into more deeply detailed feedback for the Fantasy League I'd love to use it. I love the fantasy league a lot but there's quite some issues with it, both functionality and attractiveness, as in easy to use, to people who have a much more casual view on it.
    Last edited by BAPEsta; 09-29-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Valve Developer
    Thanks for the report, and yes this is the best place to report issues.

The transactions interface on the web should be fixed now -- it was previously erroneously displaying failed transactions (for example because someone else had priority).

I found an issue with live updating, I believe it should be working properly now. Please let me know if you see it not working tomorrow.

qojqva currently has himself listed as a standin on Team Tinker. I'll see if I can fix this up tomorrow, but it's really incumbent on players to correctly set their teams.

Basic Member
    Hi,

What would be the best place to look up ALL the upcoming Dota 2 matches, so i can plan my Roster for each day and potential useful transactions?

I check now these:
    http://www.joindota.com/en/matches
    http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/gosubet

do they show all the matches or only specific tournaments?

thank you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mawerick_mc View Post
    Hi,

What would be the best place to look up ALL the upcoming Dota 2 matches, so i can plan my Roster for each day and potential useful transactions?

I check now these:
    http://www.joindota.com/en/matches
    http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/gosubet

do they show all the matches or only specific tournaments?

thank you

When choosing players, the page has the word "scheduled" next to the players' names if they have upcoming matches, although it wasn't 100% reliable in season 1, I don't know if it got improved this season.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    When choosing players, the page has the word "scheduled" next to the players' names if they have upcoming matches, although it wasn't 100% reliable in season 1, I don't know if it got improved this season.
    They show up as scheduled if the tournament organizers have registered the match in the client which some only do shortly before it will start.

I use gosugamers to keep track of games, Sundays and Mondays I tend to spend some extra time to go through the upcoming games for the week to make sure my roster is up to date, then maybe 10min each day to make sure I do not miss new games that have been added.