Thread: ## Different music for agillity/intelligence/strength heroes ##

Basic Member

Question ## Different music for agillity/intelligence/strength heroes ##

I think it would be awesome to have different music depending on the attribute of the hero you are playing. People have suggested things like this, I am aware.

Intelligence heroes could have a lydian dominant sound or something, with wholetoney stuff. Even just pure Ionian or Lydian for heroes like puck and Enchantress
    Agilities could have the same phrygian-ish stuff that is currently in the soundtrack.
    Strength heroes could be Aeolian or dorian or something.

I would love to hear this sort of attention to detail, I think it would give each set of heroes a cool vibe.

+1. I've always encouraged any audio enhancements for DotA 2. It is the kind of feature which all other DotA-likes are heavily lacking of.

This would actually be reallllly cool. I loved how the 3 different races in starcraft all had their own music, which gave all of them a different 'feel'.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.

Basic Member
    exactly ::P

Sounds like a good idea, but maybe use different "classes" other than just str, agi, int. An evil hero like Lion and a nature spirit like Enchantress shouldn't have the same theme. Just have to be careful to not include too many variants or they would have to get a new background music for every single hero (which I wouldn't mind, but harder to do than the abundant voice for each hero they've made).

Broad strokes.. for example:
    Meaty guys (Axe, Sven, Huskar)
    Forest spirits (Ench, Furi, KotF)
    Mystical (Puck, Storm, Enigma)
    etc etc...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, but maybe use different "classes" other than just str, agi, int. An evil hero like Lion and a nature spirit like Enchantress shouldn't have the same theme. Just have to be careful to not include too many variants or they would have to get a new background music for every single hero (which I wouldn't mind, but harder to do than the abundant voice for each hero they've made).

Broad strokes.. for example:
    Meaty guys (Axe, Sven, Huskar)
    Forest spirits (Ench, Furi, KotF)
    Mystical (Puck, Storm, Enigma)
    etc etc...
    I can agree with that for sure.