Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Facial expressions broken?

Tusk: "Bump Punch!"

Just wanted to say that Tusk is not affected by the Dead Stare bug.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~

The new test client patch partially fixes this problem. Heroes with multiple heads have separate animations again, heroes will laugh and cringe again, but from what I can tell they still gain a dead, unblinking stare if you switch portraits.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Bentusi View Post
    The new test client patch partially fixes this problem. Heroes with multiple heads have separate animations again, heroes will laugh and cringe again, but from what I can tell they still gain a dead, unblinking stare if you switch portraits.
    You know, I just saw a little while ago on Reddit a brief topic about this (clicking on it showed a HUD picture of Invoker talking with a sinister smile)!

Too bad about the Dead Stare bug, but this is DEFINITELY an improvement, and I'm glad that it has come before the engine change as we were speculating. Thank you, Valve, here's hoping it's fully fixed when the New Bloom update goes live on the Main Client! ^_^

Update 5 on the test client seems to have fixed the dead stare.

Time to celebrate!

Now all they need to fix is particle effects breaking in portraits (like Lina's).
    Last edited by Marik Bentusi; 02-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Basic Member
    Apparently the facial expressions are fixed. Only took Valve what, 5 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry70 View Post
    Asif Valve sat in front of their monitors for 5 months trying to fix this issue.

C'mon, they clearly got other priorities.

Asif Valve sat in front of their monitors for 5 months trying to fix this issue.

Yeah.

Anyhoo, I'm just glad they're fully fixed now!:
    2015-02-13_00074.jpg
    'Twas honorably done, indeed! Thank you so much, Valve!

Basic Member

They took 5 months to fix a simple bug which required little effort to do so. Other fixes were more important obviously but you really think thats an excuse for being this lazy?

They took 5 months to fix a simple bug which required little effort to do so. Other fixes were more important obviously but you really think thats an excuse for being this lazy?
    It's not a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of having priorities that decide what you do with your time, and broken facial expressions on the portraits of Dota2 heroes being low on that priority list.

Basic Member
    For me ALL heroes are without facial animations for a long time now, was fine before Reborn.
    Is there anything to fix this? Why is it not working?