Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When Rubick with Aghanims steals Overgrowth, he doesn't get Eyes In The Forest

When Rubick with Aghanims steals Overgrowth, he doesn't get Eyes In The Forest

If Rubick buys Aghanims and then steals either Overgrowth or Eyes in the Forest, he will only get one of the abilities instead of both. According to a change seen in patch 6.79, he should either get both if he has Aghs, or only Overgrowth if he doesn't.

Spell Steal

- Rubick can no longer steal the Aghanim upgrade of the enemy if they have Aghanim and he doesn't.
    - Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: reduces cooldown from 20/18/16 to 5, increases cast range from 1000 to 1400 and makes all stolen spells be considered to have their Aghanim's upgrade.
    Last edited by Bleako; 09-25-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Basic Member
    okay? rubick gets the last ability that was used, he doesn't get two, that's what Formless does... and formless was removed from the game a long time ago.

Rubick's stolen ability tooltips clearly says that he is supposed to get the Scepter upgrade, same with Aghs tooltip. It shows the green text as if he had gotten the secondary ability, but he hasn't.

Basic Member
    Rubick with aghs steals an aghs-upgraded version. The aghs upgrade is an extra ability, so he should get it. If it had 3 components and couldn't fit on his two slots for stealing, it'd make sense, but it's not the case here.

I feel like, when Aghanim's gives a spell some new effect based on another ability, Rubick should get that effect when he casts the main spell.

But when Aghanim's simply gives a new skill, that's a different matter. It's less obvious to me that he should get both.

I feel like, when Aghanim's gives a spell some new effect based on another ability, Rubick should get that effect when he casts the main spell. For example, when casting Black Hole, he should also get the Midnight Pulse effect.

But when Aghanim's simply gives a new skill, that's a different matter. It's less obvious to me that he should get both.

Basic Member
    I think the behavior should be.
    -Treant uses Overgrowth. Rubick Steals. Rubick gets only Overgrowth.
    -Treant uses Eyes. Rubick Steals. Rubick gets only Eyes (regardless of he has Aghs or not).

Quote Originally Posted by SyKot View Post
    -Treant uses Eyes. Rubick Steals. Rubick gets only Eyes (regardless of he has Aghs or not).
    But that conflicts with Rubick's own Aghs upgrade, stating that he can only use Aghanims versions of spells when he himself has Aghs. If Eyes in the Forest is tied to an Aghs upgrade, it doesn't make much sense for him being able to steal it without having an Aghs. It works this way with Unrefined Fireblast but that is most likely because Multicast is a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by SyKot View Post
    That completely defeats the purpose of his aghs. You get aghs on Rubick to get upgraded versions of ultimate spells. Why buy aghs when you can just steal their aghs-added stuff seperatly.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    The only behavior similar to this in the game where a new spell is added is Unrefined Fireblast and its ult is a passive that doesn't show up in Rubick's spell list and the behavior isn't stolen when a multicasting spell is taken. This behavior of only stealing the single spell is also reflected in Timbersaw's ult and new skill.

If I had to ASSUME without any input from the devs, I'd say the fact that you only get one skill at a time is intentional based entirely on the fact that you can't steal any of Ogre Magi's spells and get the Aghanim's Scepter upgrade of Unrefined Fireblast for free with it. You steal just the one spell, no multicast, and you can do it even without Scepter.

This may also be a case that only the dev input can resolve, though. These are two new circumstances where there are two independent active skills, one added through Agh's, and both are shipping in the same update that can make them prone to the same unintentional behavior. However, the fact that each skill that can be stolen has its own independent effect that doesn't need to other skill to serve a purpose similar to how Fireblast still does damage and stun even without the multicast effect being stolen still leads me to shy away from the fact that Rubick should get both skills and be able to combine them. Again, can't say for sure since it's a new behavior and I'm not a dev.