Thread: Background static noise in the Dota2 client w/ new headset

Background static noise in the Dota2 client w/ new headset

Heyho,

I got a new headset, the Razer Kraken (USB). It works perfectly fine in every aspect in Windows and in other games, but as soon as I start Dota2, I get a noisy static below all the other sounds of the client. When I close the game, it's gone immediately, so it must have something to do with the game.

Regarding the ingame options, I tried everything. It doesn't matter if I take the "standard" sound device or select the Kraken directly, it doesn't change anything (regarding the static noise) when I go from headset to 5.1 to 7.1 or anything else.

It's really weird, I didn't have that problem with my former USB headsets like the Logitech G19.

A few of the sounds ingame seem distorted, too. Some bird chirping, for example, sounds cut off in the middle.
    Is this a patch problem or am I getting insane in the future, because I still play Dota2 although the sounds are weird and I have loud background noise / static in the menu?

Basic Member
    i got the same problem, game music,UI,every sound element giving a lot of noise feels so irritating and unplayable with this sound....
    and also i used my mic once and this noise problem started even after i removed my mic its giving this problem..............