Thread: Spin Web tooltip wrong

Basic Member

Spin Web tooltip wrong

"When invisible in a web, the movement speed bonus doubles."
    This is not the only condition. If Brood takes damage even while invisible, her MS bonus is halved. So the condition for the MS bonus is the same as the condition for free pathing - being invisible in a web AND not taking damage for 6 seconds. Currently, that is said only for free pathing:
    "Free movement is disabled for 6.0 seconds if damage is taken".
    spin web.png
    So the first sentence I stated should be removed, and the second changed to:
    "If damage is taken, free movement is disabled and movement speed bonus halved for 6 seconds.", or something along those lines.
    Additionally, maybe it should also include "If damage from a player controlled unit is taken".
    Last edited by posnisir; 09-26-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Yes. Double movespeed is connected to free pathing conditions and not invisibility.

The tooltip was changed to

If damage is taken, free movement is disabled and the movement speed increase is halved for %damage_time% seconds.
    This is not correct. You get double movespeed bonus of values then not damaged. For example, on level one it is 20% in tooltip. Then you are not damaged in last 6 seconds it doubles to 40%. If you get damaged you only get 20% not 10%

After 2014.10.02 update it now shows double movespeed in tooltip. The sentence that movespeed is halved then taking damage is practically correct but not mechanically. Unless mechanics will change it would reflect truth. (plus don't forget to change tooltip if movespeed values change)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    After 2014.10.02 update it now shows double movespeed in tooltip. The sentence that movespeed is halved then taking damage is practically correct but not mechanically. Unless mechanics will change it would reflect truth. (plus don't forget to change tooltip if movespeed values change)
    Yeah, when I first wrote that I didn't really pay attention to the values, so I wrote that the bonus is halved which implied that it goes from 20 to 10. Guess they just copied my sentence haha, but glad it's fixed now.