Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Rikimaru because of Permanent Invisibility

Ban Rikimaru because of Permanent Invisibility

It was okay as an ulti, but it sick as a normal spell. He can combine it with Lina Ulti and many more stuff... This is too overpowered! I lost 6 games already with massive sentry/dust/gem support. OH YEAH, we wasted so much shit gold for that and could not win <_> Or change it back, so that he cannot cast spells out of invisible anymore.

I am pretty sure VALVe can check the winrates for this ridiculously stupid spell.
    Last edited by matthe2; 09-28-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Basic Member
    Totally agree. Pre 6.82 it was a really good skill, but you could play arround it and it wasnt an ensured win (with it) or lose (against it). Now its Divided We Stand all over again. I have played it once and won with no effort whatsoever, and I have played against it 3 times so far and lost every single game.

Seriously, its Meepo all over again. Atm Im like "welp they have perma invi, lets afk in the jungle until the game is over".

I mean, before you could outlane him and delay the Dagon by a lot, forcing him to gank with only base skills, which in some games werent good enough (specially vs full str lineups). OR you could pick the best nukes and leave him with shitty skills for ganking.

I mean, Blue has to wait for everybody to pick 2 skills and then he can only pick 2 BASIC skills for ganking (by that time stuns are usually taken). But now you only have to pick the best basic ganking skill left and the best ultimate left, and there is ALWAYS one okey basic and ultimate left at that point. Its almost impossible to outpick or outplay it.

Imo: The been able to cast shit while invisible should be linked to Riki's hero model instad. That way his shitty model (now nerfed with less dmg, less base regen and less ms) have that as an extra tool. And the skill wouldnt be THAT imbalanced anymore.

Please volvo, fix/nerf/whatever!

Basic Member
    making an innate for riki that he can cast from invis still makes an option of getting riki and getting perm invis + some powerful spells. Rather than that I'd make riki's original spells and items not breaking the invis.

Are people really complaining about invisibility now...

Tip: Treant's Nature's Guise has basically the EXACT same thing and since the map is full of trees, that part where he has to stand near trees barely matters. Also the duration is higher than the cooldown and the mana cost is a joke.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Yeah, It'll be like that until the picking system gets fixed. There's always gonna be something that will make op combos and leave no chances to the others...

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post

Tip: Treant's Nature's Guise has basically the EXACT same thing and since the map is full of trees, that part where he has to stand near trees barely matters. Also the duration is higher than the cooldown and the mana cost is a joke.
    Natures Guise is way worse than Rikimaru ultimate. First of all you are limited to trees which hinders you to do many things like moving freely from a to b etc when ganking or escaping. Yet the most important part is, that you need to level it up to make it more useful. It needs usually at least lvl 2 or 30 seconds of invisibility and Riki Invis is fine on lvl 1 until you max out some nukes. It also has mana costs which might be very bad since the hero you get is randomed. PA with her pathetic stats and natures guise isnot good at all. And since you know, that the natures guised hero has to be near trees, it is way easier to counter it. And I didnt even mention that invis regen....

And I had said that those "drawbacks" of Nature's Guise are no way making it worse than perma invis. The mana cost is low, the cooldown is lower than it's duration so it's a 100% up time, and the whole damn map is covered with trees, that's barely a downside either.
    It also increases movement speed.

Diveded we stand literally had no counters. Invisibility has plenty. There is a reason why people cry about riki or any other invis hero being op in low level games.

Basic Member
    Nature Guise is more powerful than Riki's invisibility.
    You can make multiple heroes invisible.

Riki is a hero which is good in low pub games. But he incredibly sucks when you play higher tier games.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Nature Guise is more powerful than Riki's invisibility.
    You can make multiple heroes invisible.
    One trick pony. If the enemy caughts you this way, you will know how to counter it next time. Especially when you Push or Def that invis can backfire with one single sentry/dust use.

Riki is a hero which is good in low pub games. But he incredibly sucks when you play higher tier games.
    Who cares about Rikimaru. We are talking about Permanent Invisibility.

Diveded we stand literally had no counters. Invisibility has plenty. There is a reason why people cry about riki or any other invis hero being op in low level games.
    57% Winrate in Ability Draft at over 400 games ;D Around 4k MMR, I am not very good, but also not very bad.

The thing about Rikimaru himself is that he will sooner or later reveal himself because the main damage he does comes from auto attacks. That can be countered by several items/spells.

Yet we are talking about Ability Draft where you pick two normal damage nukes + some high damage nuke like Lina Ulti, Zeus Ulti, Tinker Ulti (it is not a nuke, but it refreshes other nukes), Death Prophet Ulti, Razor Ulti, Timbersaw Ulti, Queen of Pain Ulti, SK ulti, Axe Ulti, Tidehunter Ulti, Huskar Ulti or Lion ulti. Obviously you also buy a Dagon which is relatively cheap. So what happens when a hero in Ability Draft with Permanent Invisibility, 2 nukes, any of those above mentioned ultimates + Dagon sees an enemy? The enemy is dead! The only way to counter? Sentry or Gem. Dust itself is okay, but you need to see him before he solo kills you over and over again. But there is more about that. Before the permanent invisibility changes the spell itself was kind of op, but also limited in some ways due to being an ultimate and available first at lvl 6. Right now it is much stronger and it allows you to gank lvl 2-3 on any lanes as long as you have a stun. What happens if the ganks fails? Nothing, you are still turning invisible or you never lost your invisibility to begin with. So it means once the hero with Permanent Invisibility turns lvl 2 you need sentries on any of your lanes. Else the enemies can overturn you 2v1 or 3v2 or whatever might be possible. And once the hero with permanent invisibility turns lvl 6, he has most likely picked any of those above mentioned nukes and is stronger than ever...

I have played plenty of games with and against that passive. Sometimes you are lucky and the enemies pick shit along side that spell, but most know how to use the full potential in Guerilla Tactics

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/946878682 Good player with Permanent Invisibility, rapes
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/928181206 Good player with Permanent Invisbility, rapes

So you are saying you can't use detection when they don't reveal them first? You can't say enemy with perma invis is close when he uses a spell? There is no difference between a hero with perma invis in ad, and Riki with his perma invis in a normal match. Both are easily countered the exact same way.

It's not "good player with perma invis rapes", it's bad player can't be bothered enough to do something against invis and thus simply lose the game.