Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Attack ground order interaction with invisibility

Read my last post.

Banned
    I did, and thats why I replied to this thread. Invisible heroes attack only if you're playing riki (riki attempting to autoattack low hp creeps) or you issued attack. Windwalked heroes only attacking if beign directly issued to do so (attack move is attack order too). And if you think asking not to hit on you always works, well, you are wrong.

No the OP is right. Using the attack move command would attack the nearest target IF YOU ARE VISIBLE. IF INVISIBLE, you will simple move to that location (unless you are slark, templar assasin, etc.) This is not how it would occur in DotA 1 and there for is most probably a bug.

This was an intended change we did recently to the attack-move behavior while invisible. Feel free to discuss the pros and cons

I like this feature. Better than WC3. +1
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Basic Member
    also a fan of this change. makes fog chasing with attack move a lot more intuitive.

Basic Member
    It's a great change.
    2 different commands should do different things.

Icy ^^ I think it's good for farming. I remember having riki to farm, becoming invisible within the 1 sec, and then stop attacking the creeps; it was pretty annoying. In the end, I have no argument against this anymore. I mean, having the chance of 1) attacking and 2) attack-moving is better than just moving. And everything using wheter A + click or click alone.

It's just getting used to a different way of moving your hero.

You are right, it did not woork in dota1 becuse the A-move is dissabled in wc3 while invis. just so you wont break invis by mistake. ex in ordanary wc3 ladder and u have a big army whit an invis hero like blademaster and he is invis you don't want to break his invis when you move the whole army at once.

I think that this is a good feture but still i don't a-move while moving araound.

Basic Member
    It works how it should work in Dota 2. There is really no point in having 2 commands to execute the same order and lacking a command for another (Attack closest hostile while in Wind Walk).