View Poll Results: Are you enjoying your Bot matches?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 31.58%
  • No

25 43.86%
  • I only play multi-player

3 5.26%
  • I'm a rabbit, not allowed to vote.

11 19.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Terrible BOT Team-mates (#FeedingFestival)

Basic Member
    Yep, sometimes both team's bot are stupid, I see where you got those kills

Tried to load a map successfully, but my console key seems not working after entering the map.
    Also tried to create a local lobby but it won't begin unless I join as a player. I wanted to join as spectator so I can watch and focus
    to a particular hero bot how they play.

I wish Valve will allow us to download a replay of bot matches. It will make modified bot testing easier.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull-JP View Post

I wish Valve will allow us to download a replay of bot matches. It will make modified bot testing easier.
    Why? It's not like they are actually responding to any feedback we give them in any way shape or form...

Basic Member
    Maybe Valve is like a Lurker, it will just surprise you

Basic Member
    Considering that certain bots (Juggernaut, Crystal Maiden, Zeus) have had awful item builds for an exceptionally long time and this can be fixed with a mere text edit, no I don't have a lot of hope there will be meaningful fixes for what already exists. The new content is nice and all but considering how grating this game is to play with humans and how it borderline punishes you for being a team player... yeah... making the bots know some more strategies and play styles would be nice.

Basic Member
    I'll just enjoy with my Crystal Maiden with her fluffy winter coat \(*v*)/ and MoM lolz

Basic Member
    If you want to win bot matches: pick ember, farm 3 BF, do 1 SoF when they are pushing -> rampage

Basic Member
    2014-10-15_00001.jpgI'm just going to leave this here. Fucking sick of it.

Basic Member
    I feel you bro...try the modified heroes txt it may help a little...

Basic Member
    Yeah I really think Viper needs to be taken out of the pool and in my personal build he's disabled. He's good if you want to simulate your team feeding or want an easy win if he's on your team but he's so much superior to the other bots it's crazy. Furthermore you can't say whether Viper will be on your team or the enemy team, I wouldn't mind having him if the enemy team could always get him if I wanted it that way but...

There's a lot of 'sure' ways to win against the bots but exploiting their programming faults and weaknesses isn't all that fun and gets repetitive fast.

Basic Member

BOT Behavior

I saw this article in dota2.gamepedia.com on bot behavior in Dota 2, take a look:
    Code:
    Behavior

[*] All allied bots will go to a location pinged by an allied player, as long as they are not currently doing something, such as farming, moving to a lane, or pushing. They will also follow other allied player pings, such as:
            -If it is on an allied structure, all bots will surround it to defend it.
            -If it is on an enemy structure, they will all group up in that structure's lane to mass push it.
            -If it is on an enemy Hero, nearby bots will try to near said enemy and kill them, ignoring creeps, towers, and other enemy Heroes.
            -If it is on Roshan's pit, all bots will announce "Doing Roshan!" and will all group up to take him down. Sometimes they do not attack and will end up losing health or they die. This usually occurs at low levels, when the bots do not have enough farm, or the player merely pinged the ground near Roshan, and not Roshan himself.

[*] Bots will always purchase a courier before the match and a flying courier afterward once they gain enough gold, and it is usually the support bot (or the weakest one) who does so.

[*] Passive bots will either retreat or just stand still at the sight of an enemy, and will never use abilities or fight back.

[*] Medium and below bots will try to move away from enemy Heroes that stand too close early game, even if they have an advantage (except if the enemy is at low enough health).

[*] If an enemy is pursuing a Medium (or higher) bot and they reach their tower, they will try to stun/disable the enemy once they reach the tower's aggro range to let them be bombarded by the tower's attacks.

[*] Medium and above bots with spammable abilities like Lightning Bolt or Crypt Swarm (as well as attack modifiers like Poison Attack or Frost Arrows) will always try to use them repeatedly, with the timing, frequency and accuracy of said spells increasing in skill directly with difficulty.

[*] Bots usually will not retreat to the fountain even if their health is below half or they have no more mana. They will only do so if they are at critical health or are being chased.

[*] Bots will always carry a Town Portal Scroll, regardless of level. They will teleport:
            -To return to their lane during the laning phase.
            -When a tower is under attack.
            -When they assume they are at a safe enough distance to retreat/escape from would-be chasers/gankers.
            -When they are at critical health and the enemies do not have any disables.

[*] Bots usually do not try to time their abilities, but increasing difficulty makes them more able to combine their spells for full effect.

[*] Bots prioritize disabling abilities (such as stuns, slows, etc.) over running away from a threat, such that they will halt, turn and use the ability even if they are about to die.

[*] A Witch Doctor bot with an available Voodoo Restoration will repeatedly toggle it on and off until it either loses mana, or just suddenly for no reason, yet usually its mana has already been dramatically depleted.

[*] A Necrophos bot can calculate the right time to use Reaper's Scythe. If a player has been affected by the ability, it is a sure chance the player will be outright killed, unless healed or the ability is interrupted in some way.

[*] Once bots have seen a few enemy heroes turn invisible, their supports (or the ones closest to a support) will repeatedly buy Dust of Appearance, and will use them once they see the enemy turn invisible. However, they will never use Dust to reveal an already hidden Hero blocking allied units, but will do so if they see aura effects such as that from Radiance or Heartstopper Aura, and only if their difficulty is at Hard or above.

[*] A Sand King bot will use Sand Storm always as a last means of escape, and will usually try to channel it for its full duration (or half when at levels 2-4).

[*] With this said, all bots with channeling abilities will always try to channel for its full duration, even if there are no more enemies to be affected by it (eg. No Heroes to target for Death Ward).

[*] Dazzle bots always give their allies a higher priority over themselves, except if they are dying. Omniknight bots, however, do not seem to follow this, preferring to heal or Repel themselves or save the ability for offensive purposes, unless in a teamfight or their ally is at critical health.

[*] Bots will usually try to chase low-health enemies for long distances, and will usually not be deterred by defenses such as towers and creeps. The higher the difficulty and their in-game level, the more confident they are in tower and base diving. Despite their resilience, they can be evaded through fog, but upon seeing other enemy heroes, they will either try to kill that enemy instead, or retreat.

[*] Bots that use Blink Dagger may not use it perfectly, such as blinking into a fight unprepared or blinking forward, then retreating immediately.

[*] Bots that use Necronomicon do not seem to know how to use the summoned creeps, resulting in them simply standing in one place and not attacking, yet they follow their Hero wherever it goes until they expire.
    Additionally, bots do not take a Necronomicon Warrior backfire damage into account and may even kill themselves by killing them.

[*] Support bots (classified by their in-game roles, regardless of how the community commonly treat said Hero), will always try not to last hit if they are paired with a carry, and will deny the creeps. They will continue to do so until the laning phase has ended, signaled by the bots' decisions of ganking or mass pushing/defending.
            While on the other hand, carry bots will ignore their human player lane mate and will try to last hit and deny everything themselves, even if the human player is a support.

[*] Hard and Unfair bots will stop denying creeps after the laning phase.

[*] If an enemy possesses summoned creeps, like Broodmother's Spiderlings or Enigma's Eidolons, bots will try to kill them first before any of the lane creeps or the enemy Heroes themselves, sometimes even going through the wave and players just to kill said units.

[*] If there is a nearby human player while the team is attacking Roshan, the bots will always confer the Aegis to human players for several seconds. If no human player takes it, they will, and it will always be the highest leveled bot.

[*] Bots will always try to evade spells with delays, such as EMP, even if said delay has no visual indicator to enemies. Medium and below bots are usually unaware to abilities with "hidden" delays, such as Sun Strike or Torrent, while Hard and above will always try to evade all delayed spells, like Ghost Ship. Unless you use said abilities without being seen.

[*] Medium and above bots will not bother leaving the AoE of damaging spells such as Midnight Pulse or Acid Spray, unless their health is below 25%.