Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

Quote Originally Posted by wandjez View Post
    Not everyone has enough money to buy a newer rigs my friend and I too realized that such video card does not relevant to play 2013-2015 games, and sorry if word 'relevant' insult you much
    Not at all. Just bad choice of words, it happens for non-native english speakers like myself, too.
    Also, I play on a late 2007/early 2008 GPU - 8800GS but with a huge overclock - it largely outperforms yours
    Use the autoexec.cfg posted in OP, change default graphics preset in the last line from TWEAKED to POTATO (yes presets are actually called like that).

Basic Member
    yeah sorry I'm not native speaker, and rarely write such long post, kinda lost what to write and what to explain what I really meant. Okay I'll try the script at home

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Not at all. Just bad choice of words, it happens for non-native english speakers like myself, too.
    Also, I play on a late 2007/early 2008 GPU - 8800GS but with a huge overclock - it largely outperforms yours
    Use the autoexec.cfg posted in OP, change default graphics preset in the last line from TWEAKED to POTATO (yes presets are actually called like that).
    I must say thank you for your potato and even more THANK YOU, because I can play it on TWEAKED. :')

Basic Member
    hello
    I am novice players in dota 2
    I have a strange problem ..
    I had two steam id
    example
    1.id:A
    2.id:B
    Id: A, play dota 2 in the middle of the game blue screen ...
    id: B, play dota 2, completely not the blue screen but low fps
    and is only playing on one computer ..
    whether from id an effect to the game ??
    please help ..
    thank you

sorry my bad english google translate: D

Quote Originally Posted by aangdhonz View Post
    hello
    I am novice players in dota 2
    I have a strange problem ..
    I had two steam id
    example
    1.id:A
    2.id:B
    Id: A, play dota 2 in the middle of the game blue screen ...
    id: B, play dota 2, completely not the blue screen but low fps
    and is only playing on one computer ..
    whether from id an effect to the game ??
    please help ..
    thank you

sorry my bad english google translate: D
    Compare Steam settings between accounts
    (In-Home Streaming, Broadcasting, Overlay, FPS counter, Directwrite, hardware video decoding are enabled or not)
    Compare Dota 2 settings between accounts - VIDEO/AUDIO ADVANCED TAB
    (?:\Steam\userdata\1staccountnumber\570\remote\cfg\config.cfg vs. ?:\Steam\userdata\2ndaccountnumber\570\remote\cfg\config.cfg vs. dota\cfg\config.cfg)
    Compare inventory between accounts
    (You might have a hud/global weather/fancy courier/other fancy item on the account that BSODs)

Basic Member
    need your help mate, your config.cfg always overwritten by the default config.cfg after close and re enter dota2 (steam syncing caused this?). I also can't type even a single word in chat. Am I missing something?

need your help mate, your config.cfg always overwritten by the default config.cfg after close and re enter dota2 (steam syncing caused this?). I also can't type even a single word in chat. Am I missing something?
    Yes!
    Leave config.cfg file alone, it's auto-generated by Dota and should NEVER be edited by hand.
    The right name is autoexec.cfg! Check it's like that and not autoexec.cfg.txt (show file extensions in explorer).
    As long as you place it in ?\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg\ it should work.
    In case it's not auto-executed, add Steam->Library->Dota 2->Properties->SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... +exec autoexec

My script now has two versions:
    The full version - has binds defined, it requires some hotkeys to be changed in the GUI to alt+hotkey (note that it remaps chat to kp_del)
    The tweaks only version - no binds defined, no OSD, commands work by typing them in the console
    I recommend you start with the tweaks only version.

I think I'll add this to the guide to prevent further missuses.

Basic Member
    ahhh.. I even change config.cfg in graphics folder loll.. yeah I used your only tweak script because keybindings is complicated thing for me to understand. I'm not sure how deny - auto attack script you provided works.

oh yeah can you add some line of codes to skip valve intro screen?

ahhh.. I even change config.cfg in graphics folder loll.. yeah I used your only tweak script because keybindings is complicated thing for me to understand. I'm not sure how deny - auto attack script you provided works.

oh yeah can you add some line of codes to skip valve intro screen?
    Like I said, open the console after you get into the game and you should be greeted by D-OPTIMIZER logo and a list of commands. For example, every time you type aa into console, you will see the value changes. It's less useful than a bind, but still faster than going to the unreliable GUI settings in the heat of battle. Once you get a grip on cfg files and are able to edit them, you can uncomment the binds or define your own. It takes time to learn, but it's well worth it.

Skipping valve intro screen is not possible from cfg, you have to add the launch option -novid. I would not recommend it if you play in fullscreen, because without the intro you can't alt-tab fast and do something else while the game is loading.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Compare Steam settings between accounts
    (In-Home Streaming, Broadcasting, Overlay, FPS counter, Directwrite, hardware video decoding are enabled or not)
    Compare Dota 2 settings between accounts - VIDEO/AUDIO ADVANCED TAB
    (?:\Steam\userdata\1staccountnumber\570\remote\cfg\config.cfg vs. ?:\Steam\userdata\2ndaccountnumber\570\remote\cfg\config.cfg vs. dota\cfg\config.cfg)
    Compare inventory between accounts
    (You might have a hud/global weather/fancy courier/other fancy item on the account that BSODs)
    yes I do have a fancy courier on the first account
    but did not have hud and others
    so, what should i do
    let of all running smoothly...
    thanks for your concern