Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

It will most definetly increase the chances of a crash. Game client expects communications under certain ways, and inside the boundaries of windows networking. If you need to "hack" the protocols for a litle performance (that most likely it's just visual and don't reflect in-game), I would recommend switching to linux. In my onedrive folder you can find the gamefixer script, read it with notepad to see some safe network tweaks I've used (it's not updated for windows 8).

Please purge that IDM out of your system. Sure you could find something better, even dreadful bitcomet is better. And Proxifier looks like it's not the right choice when combined with Dota 2, you are the 3rd person having issues with it installed.

Banned
    Using launch option -nod3d9ex will eventually crash/hang your game! No way around it! I strongly advise you to remove this and address your actual issue - bad gpu driver
    This command increase my fps from 30-45max to 60-90max. BUT there is two problems:
    1. Expanding dota 2 window: w/o - it's instantly, w/ - its's taking time from 2 up to 15 sec.
    2. Sometimes, If expand is long I got disconnected from server - until I expand window I do not dropped but when I do - I am instantly disconnected.
    The 1st problem is not so significant as fps increasing but 2nd is.
    Is there any solve? (not only remove this command from launch options)

Quote Originally Posted by SpectralDemon View Post
    This command increase my fps from 30-45max to 60-90max. BUT there is two problems:
    1. Expanding dota 2 window: w/o - it's instantly, w/ - its's taking time from 2 up to 15 sec.
    2. Sometimes, If expand is long I got disconnected from server - until I expand window I do not dropped but when I do - I am instantly disconnected.
    The 1st problem is not so significant as fps increasing but 2nd is.
    Is there any solve? (not only remove this command from launch options)
    You can't have both. I personally can't live with it, since I alt-tab a lot and I'm used to do it instantly even if I play fullscreen, without worrying about an unresponsive window the next time I alt tab, or some rogue application stealing focus. Killing and relaunching the game is too annoying. Plus, I've squeezed 60fps out of cfg tweaking, anything above that would be just a waste for my 60Hz monitor.

You could try running in true windowed mode (with border). If needed you can create a pseudo fullscreen mode by adjusting -x and -y positioning. And that's about it from the game side. Real work should be done on the gpu settings and since you've failed to see how that would be relevant, I can't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    client.dll crash because of external programs messing with game memory / network layer (winsock)
    - it looks like your PC is connected to a business network. Be advised that restrictions might be set by your system administrator that can interfere with gaming.
    - game is launched with some forced compatibility options. Remove them all, as instructed in the guide (might be forced by domain policy so you can't fix it locally).
    - C:\Windows\System32\PrxerNsp.dll : Proxifier? Either find a way to add Dota 2 to it's exception list if it has one, or uninstall it.
    - E:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager : uninstall! You don't need that spyware shit since any modern browser has one built in.
    - There might be more:
    Well where I am living using IDM and proxy is kinda necessary due to some network issues . But many thanks for your time and the advices. I ll put them in use.

Banned
    You can't have both. I personally can't live with it, since I alt-tab a lot and I'm used to do it instantly even if I play fullscreen, without worrying about an unresponsive window the next time I alt tab, or some rogue application stealing focus. Killing and relaunching the game is too annoying. Plus, I've squeezed 60fps out of cfg tweaking, anything above that would be just a waste for my 60Hz monitor.

You could try running in true windowed mode (with border). If needed you can create a pseudo fullscreen mode by adjusting -x and -y positioning. And that's about it from the game side. Real work should be done on the gpu settings and since you've failed to see how that would be relevant, I can't help you.
    I got both of them once I add that command to lauch options.
    Windowed mode and "borderless window" with -nod3d9ex equal to full screen mode w/o -nod3d9ex - it's about 30-45fps.
    You know, I also "alt-tab a lot and I'm used to do it instantly" but I have no idea how to fix that problem.
    I've been using borderless window mode with the same launch options and game settings on win8.1 for a past year and had 45-60fps but there also were problems: I've been loading almost for 1,5min and dota 2 window close sometimes (I think I had not enough RAM).
    I wanna add one more issue I forgot : 3. Sometimes I lose random heroes' models when I long-expand window.
    Spoiler: 
    Want to picture my long-expanding problem:
    1. I switch dota 2 window for browser (for example).
    2. I switch it back to dota 2.
    3. I see black screen for 14sec (for example).
    4. Next second I'm hearing all game sounds (including player's voices if someone speaks).
    5. I see the game picture and my standart ping.
    6. Ping is growing and 2sec later I see "disconnect..." text in top-right corner of the screen.
    7. I have to disconnect or wait 30sec until auto-disconnect and reconnect back.
    Last edited by SpectralDemon; 07-15-2015 at 01:54 PM.

hey, im having a alot of trouble with my dota fps for some time now and i dont know why. my pc should have no problem playing dota on medium-high graphics with high fps but even on the lowest grahpics i only get 30 fps max after creeps spawn. i did some research and people with the same graphics card that i have get double the fps on good graphics even. I also installed the nvidia driver that you recommend but it barely helped. the fps go from +100 at the start to 30 when the creeps spawn. i attached the list_my_programs and heres a picture of the OpenHardwareMonitor while being ingame in dota2 with some websites in the background: http://gyazo.com/50bc42fde3143c7989e2e0d805077f82
    also: this is what i get in my console when i open dota2:
    "ConVarRef dota_workshoptools_limited_ui doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    Checking AUTO DLC
    Loaded default network config file. Loaded revision 17 OK
    Loaded cached network config file. Data contains revision 17, not newer than current revision 17; ignoring.
    Got network config from CDN. Data contains revision 17, not newer than current revision 17; ignoring.
    S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'ui\notification_alert.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository"

Thanks
    Last edited by alwaysnoided; 07-17-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Your CPU is overheating so it's trotting hard! Max safe temp should be no more than 70-72*C, but on your screenshot it has run at 81*C!!!
    No matter if it's a software-generated issue, it's been going on for too long and you need to fix it ASAP - open your PC up, remove the HSF, clean and apply new thermal paste then mount the HSF back, and make sure it makes strong contact, otherwise replace it with a new one. There are guides on the internet on how to do this safely if you're not a tech kinda guy.

Now let's look at the software mess:
    - run RKill; AdwCleaner; JRT
    - install Avira
    - uninstall anything with McAfee in name (that was brand a decade ago, now it's only dangerous spyware)
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\* , C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\* , C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\* , C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\* , C:\Windows\system32\mfevtps.exe
    - uninstall sql server as it might be used by spyware
    c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\*
    - uninstall Dual Monitor. Windows has support built-in, why do you need to use a (bad/old) tool?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Dual Monitor\*
    - uninstall the epson driver - it might be too old and incompatible
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP
    - uninstall Intel(R) Management Engine Components. Also disable it in Device Manager
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\*
    - uninstall apps running at startup using Autoruns:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XBoxStat.exe
    C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\GameMonitor\NVGameMonitor.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Registration\GREGsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\AAM Updates Notifier.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    - uninstall qBittorrent. Replace with established, stable windows apps like utorrent or deluge
    - uninstall Chrome. The "fastest" browser is a resource hog. And the plague. Replace with Firefox (while at it, get the ublock plugin).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by staja View Post
    Seems to be linked to an issue that a bunch of other people (including myself) are having. Probably not a hardware issue, going by what people have said - maybe something on Volvo's end, or an updated bit of software screwing people over?

That's your problem then. A working, genuine Windows OS should have no trouble in running that script (as administrator).
    But let's say it's my fault. Can you post the other stuff?
    - an archived crash dump (the guide tells you where are located, or how to generate one)
    - open hardware monitor log
    - dxdiag log
    I've replayed to your post. I will ignore further posts without facts (as quoted above).