Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

Hi.
    Is it a known bug or smth?
    This randomly happens.While you are playing,screen freezes for few secs,game app goes minimized to taskbar and then if u try to alt+tab game,u will hear the sounds and music of the game,but still u see the desktop screen.U can also see the game app running in task manager but u have no control over it.U have to end task the game and then restart dota 2 again.
    I have searched and many have the same problem.no solution.
    This also happens when u try to watch a game.
    Any reason why and how to fix this???

Basic Member
    why was the gamefixer script removed?

I was going to update tweaks for Windows 8, then Windows 10 came
    You can still find it in my onedrive folder.
    Summer is nearly gone, will have time to add some stuff for fellow dota-ers

Basic Member
    hi this is my first time in this forums and i dont really do this kind of stuff registering in forums. help me out please. i have read you guide and it really informative. i did follow some steps but there are some that i couldn't understand. let me tell you my laptop specs 1st then what i followed on your guide. im using a alienware 17 r2 2015, intel core i7-4710 HQ @2.5ghz, 2501mhz,4 core processor and 8 gig ram and nvidia gtx 970m 3gb. with a killer wireless card. i believe my laptop is more than enough to run dota 2. ok what i followed from your guide. i turned off vsync permanently, remove killer network suite and just install the drivers to prevent spike lag, im using -console and -novid commands. and followed this steps

ONBOARD + DEDICATED GPU:
    Make sure you are not running Dota 2 on your onboard Intel/AMD GPU instead of your more powerful, dedicated GPU.
    - Disable the onboard GPU or set gfx switching to advanced mode, if available under BIOS settings
    - Intel control panel -> 3D preference = Performance ; Application Optimal Mode = Unchecked and Power Plan = Maximum Performance
    - AMD control panel -> PowerPlay Plugged In/Battery = Maximum Performance and 3D Application Settings = (Optimal) Performance. If you have a Switchable Graphics tab, find Dota.exe and set it to High Performance.
    - NVIDIA control panel -> Adjust Image Settings with Preview = Use my preference emphasizing: Performance and Manage 3D Settings = High-performance NVIDIA processor for both Global Settings and Dota 2 (dota.exe) Program Settings
    - After these changes, YOU ARE REQUIRED to redo the second step (deleting video.txt).

tried playing without google chrome in the background. i have cheak steamwebhelper on task manager and its not consuming so much memory. i did use this command as well engine_no_focus_sleep 0.
    i have read about you talking on autoexec.cfg and d-optimizer and i have no idea about that so sorry. i hope you can help me. can you teach me how to provide you a crash log or something to know whats causing the spike lag and FPS drop.
    my FPS is from 120 and go down to 110 sometimes 80 and ping go up to 400+ to 1k+

sorry for the bad english. help me please.. thank you.

I can't explain better than I did in You still crash after following this guide? section. I guess it's an application misbehaving, so download list_my_programs.bat and run it, it will save it's report on your desktop. As for the crash dump, like stated, use sv_cheats 1 then crash to force one, then search for the *.mdmp in dota folder. You don't need the optimized autoexec.cfg, since you have a really powerful laptop. But is that really bad going to 80fps? I find it decent, since even desktop sli systems struggle with all the immortals floating around. Do the fps drops happen at the same time you get the ping spikes?

hi this is my 1st post, because i was so frustate with this dota.
    my laptop is lenovo, with amd r5 graphics , and 4gb ram, and windows 10 64bit
    so my dota fps is between 7-18 fps
    i already use d-optimizer and its doesnt change anything, i already try to reinstall dota2,and graphics driver and its still not help.

so what should i do now?

where should i post my list_my_program?

thankyou, and sorry for my bad english

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    I can't explain better than I did in You still crash after following this guide? section. I guess it's an application misbehaving, so download list_my_programs.bat and run it, it will save it's report on your desktop. As for the crash dump, like stated, use sv_cheats 1 then crash to force one, then search for the *.mdmp in dota folder. You don't need the optimized autoexec.cfg, since you have a really powerful laptop. But is that really bad going to 80fps? I find it decent, since even desktop sli systems struggle with all the immortals floating around. Do the fps drops happen at the same time you get the ping spikes?
    thanks for the reply. ill try the crash guide later. as of fps drop 80 fps is not bad but when it drops i also get high ping causing a spike lag/shutter.

Basic Member
    crash loh .mdmp https://www.dropbox.com/s/q68ouk2sfj...tion.mdmp?dl=0
    i ran list_my_programs.bat and all i get is a blank cmd prompt and after a few seconds a notepad will pop up with a title List_my_programs and its empty.
    help please. thanks

That means your Windows is not in good shape. WMI/WSH are basic functions for the OS, if those are blocked who knows what else is. If anything, it's a sign of malware being present. And you know what malware does - steals bandwidth and processing power.

Anyway, you have Internet Download Manager (in my book, it's malware) installed, and that hooks the game. Please remove that junk, any browser these days have robust downloaders.
    While still at hooking the game, also remove Nvidia 3dVision (just a precaution, as it has weird interactions with other software featuring overlays).

But the main issue seems to be persistent internet reliability problems (ISP-related) that you wont be able to fix by yourself.
    You can only make it affect you less when it happens, by setting Network Quality to LOW under Dota 2 settings.

And not to forget, using engine_no_focus_sleep 0 is not advised, specially on laptops. I recommend even higher than default value of 20: 50.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    That means your Windows is not in good shape. WMI/WSH are basic functions for the OS, if those are blocked who knows what else is. If anything, it's a sign of malware being present. And you know what malware does - steals bandwidth and processing power.

Anyway, you have Internet Download Manager (in my book, it's malware) installed, and that hooks the game. Please remove that junk, any browser these days have robust downloaders.
    While still at hooking the game, also remove Nvidia 3dVision (just a precaution, as it has weird interactions with other software featuring overlays).

But the main issue seems to be persistent internet reliability problems (ISP-related) that you wont be able to fix by yourself.
    You can only make it affect you less when it happens, by setting Network Quality to LOW under Dota 2 settings.

And not to forget, using engine_no_focus_sleep 0 is not advised, specially on laptops. I recommend even higher than default value of 20: 50.
    hi.. thanks for your help and your guide for giving me more information. i was able to fix my problem by updating my OS and reinstalled graphic card driver to the latest and used DDU. i remember i updated gpu driver without doing a clean install i suspect that was the cause of my fps drop. thanks again.