Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

Hi, sry for my bad english
    My problem : "Dota 2 Screen Freezes but Sound still plays and game responds".
    I have no problem playing bot match both online and offline and watching live games (without a single lag),but when I want to play online with humans (even vs bots) game crashes to desktop and sounds still there.
    What I did:
    Followed your crash fix guide step by step. Now having better performance in game but random crashes still happens.
    What I did not:
    I also searched in the internet for same issue and some suggested that u might need to update your BIOS if its Gigabyte MB.I wanted to consult u before doing that.
    Any other advice as well?
    My PC desktop config is :
    MB : PA65-UD3-B3
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    4096MB RAM
    VGA : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Ty

Basic Member
    Hello! Is there any way to use your cfg in the Reborn client? If yes, how?

Basic Member

Some crashes (.mdmp) files

Hi

Hoping someone can take a look at these dumps and say what's wrong.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...mM&usp=sharing

Thanks

Basic Member
    My game is crashing (as you can see here)

but it's not generating .mdmp files. The most recent .mdmp file I have is a month old....

What do I do?

Basic Member
    Dear OP. I downloaded autoexec.cfg from the site. Also added 'exec autoxec' to launch options at dota2/properties. How do I access your in-game console? DEL or ng in "`' doesnt work.. I've been playing dota for 7 years now. Since the official dota 2 reborn launch it became unplayable for me. Im having 30-70 fps all the time which makes game unplayable. My PC meets every requirements for dota 2. Can you help me? Even with the lowest settings fps stays at 30-70 means it reaches 70 but its usually between 30 and 50. I can't do anything. Same on vs AI offline mode so it's not about my internet connection.

Cfg it's not updated for Reborn, so it won't help you.
    Also, game engine is constantly changing so tweaking it now is pointless.

Basic Member
    so im generally in the a** ... so sad i have to quit dota after all those years...... thx anyway!

Basic Member
    Anyway u seem to have huge experience. U have any ideas how could I do something? Like anything that comes to your mind could help. All of that fps drop started with Reborn. I know my internet connection is not quite good as it should be also im playing on wi-fi, but I have low fps even on solo games vs AI and that's strange. I've tried setting everything to the lowest possible quality and didn't help at all. I have tried playing on full screen and window as well. Don't know what else can I do. Guess i could try to get new windows or something. I have made defragmentation and ccleaner things as well and checked for viruses. I mean the problem isn't the low fps by itself. The problem is that my fps jumps from 30 to 100 withing 1 second. Literally it changes like 50 times per second getting numbers from 30 to 100. If u need some further informations if you wish to help me I'd rly appreciate that. Maybe my operation system is wrong im using JG7 its some custom version of windows 7 its 64 bit. Also i have many processess running, after I start my pc I have 53 of them already. There is like 10 named svchost, I read its some system thing.
    Last edited by Arcy; 11-28-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    Anyway u seem to have huge experience. U have any ideas how could I do something? Like anything that comes to your mind could help. All of that fps drop started with Reborn. I know my internet connection is not quite good as it should be also im playing on wi-fi, but I have low fps even on solo games vs AI and that's strange. I've tried setting everything to the lowest possible quality and didn't help at all. I have tried playing on full screen and window as well. Don't know what else can I do. Guess i could try to get new windows or something. I have made defragmentation and ccleaner things as well and checked for viruses. I mean the problem isn't the low fps by itself. The problem is that my fps jumps from 30 to 100 withing 1 second. Literally it changes like 50 times per second getting numbers from 30 to 100. If u need some further informations if you wish to help me I'd rly appreciate that. Maybe my operation system is wrong im using JG7 its some custom version of windows 7 its 64 bit. Also i have many processess running, after I start my pc I have 53 of them already. There is like 10 named svchost, I read its some system thing.
    Post a dxdiag report (or even better, a list_my_programs.bat output) and a crash dump (you can force one as instructed in the first post here) and I will take a look.

Basic Member
    http://www.speedyshare.com/BJ3X5/List-my-programs.txt here is the listmyprograms. I will do the crash later today i need to sleep now. THX a lot.