Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    http://www.speedyshare.com/BJ3X5/List-my-programs.txt here is the listmyprograms. I will do the crash later today i need to sleep now. THX a lot.
    I would not trust a modded/hacked/whatever OS unless I do it myself. It could have bitcoin mining rootkits embedded or some other nasty stuff without you even knowing it while also circumventing software protection. But it could also be fine, so it's up to you if you care about uncertainty. And talking about software protection, you've chosen one of the worst solution when it comes to Steam and games. I would recommend Avira (quick optimize guide) or Panda instead.

You have some other troublesome software installed, but as long as you just run those on demand, it's okay. If you are not controlling fans with Speedfan, you should remove it, as long with CoreTemp. Open Hardware Monitor can do a safer job (those particular programs include kernel drivers that are known to misbehave at times).

TP-LINK is not a very good choice when it comes to both hardware and drivers/software. The least you could do, is install just the driver without the software and let Windows manage the wireless network.

You have installed every bloated stuff Nvidia had to offer:
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    - Use Display Driver Uninstaller to cleanup old driver versions before reinstalling.
    - Always choose clean installation and only select Driver and Physics options (no game experience, streaming, virtual audio, and other useless shit).
    But what I believe is most likely your issue, is that GTX 680 could be held back by the weaker X4 965 cpu. Also, power consumption and temperatures for your system should be very high. Are you sure it's not a hardware issue like not enough cooling or psu power resulting in throttling? Because that would be beyound the point of this Dota 2 dev forum. Use Open Hardware Monitor to observe your system over time during gaming. Check BIOS settings. Underclock/undervoltage. Test in 3dmark (even older versions like 03 and 05) to make sure it's not a system-wide issue.

Use Dota 2 launch options: -dx11
    (you are currently using nod3d9ex without the - so it has no effect)

Basic Member
    OK I've removed CoreTemp and SpeedFan. Reinstalled drivers. Also deleted TP-Link software outside of the wi-fi driver. I've changed anti-virus to avira as well. Going to the hardware, well. I've changed graphic card to GTX680 few months ago. I'm pretty sure the power supply is all-right. I'm using 650W Corsair one if I remember correctly. About the cooling I'm not so sure. You are right about the high temperatures I'm having. Running just the google chrome it goes to like 8x degrees. I've done all that things you suggested, also 3DMark test. My 3Dmark score is 19589, whatever that means. Take a look if you could. http://www.speedyshare.com/gmRUV/3dd.txt .

Score does seem a bit low for that system but is not bad either. Anyway, it's irrelevant, when I said testing, I meant running it in a loop (at least 10 times) and checking fps consistency over time.

Did you clean install only the Driver + Physics as instructed?
    You should also set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance in Nvidia control panel - Program settings for (both) dota2.exe entries or as the global profile.
    If you don't notice any improvement, you could fall back to an older Nvidia driver.

You should definitely not get 80+ degrees Celsius temperatures for your cpu. You really need a beefy cooler (like Noctua's) for that 150w+ cpu.
    If it's the gpu, is still safe, but it should really be at least 10 degrees lower, maybe a better case fan would help.
    It is imperative to fix cooling for your system. A temporary workaround would be to downclock + downvoltage both the cpu and the gpu.
    Like I said, this is beyond the point of this forum.

As for Dota 2, you could try running with VSync enabled and experimental console commands like:
    r_experimental_lag_limiter 1 //default value: 0
    or
    r_frame_sync_enable 0 //default value: 1

If no improvement, revert to the default values.

Basic Member
    Score does seem a bit low for that system but is not bad either. Anyway, it's irrelevant, when I said testing, I meant running it in a loop (at least 10 times) and checking fps consistency over time.
    Yeah that's what I did. It was not so consistent it was also running up and down. In some 'short movies' it was jumping from 80 to 150 for example. In other like 150-220 or 30-60 and so on...

Did you clean install only the Driver + Physics as instructed?
    You should also set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance in Nvidia control panel - Program settings for (both) dota2.exe entries or as the global profile.
    If you don't notice any improvement, you could fall back to an older Nvidia driver.
    I installed clean driver + physX.

You should definitely not get 80+ degrees Celsius temperatures for your cpu. You really need a beefy cooler (like Noctua's) for that 150w+ cpu.
    If it's the gpu, is still safe, but it should really be at least 10 degrees lower, maybe a better case fan would help.
    It is imperative to fix cooling for your system. A temporary workaround would be to downclock + downvoltage both the cpu and the gpu.
    Like I said, this is beyond the point of this forum.
    Ye i guess thats what im gonna do now.. getting a new cooler and fans probably. I had a problems with overheating for every of my PCs so that's kind of a curse.

As for Dota 2, you could try running with VSync enabled and experimental console commands like:
    r_experimental_lag_limiter 1 //default value: 0
    or
    r_frame_sync_enable 0 //default value: 1
    If no improvement, revert to the default values.
    Will try these for sure.

Thank you for all your time spend for a random guy from the web.
    Cheers man! Thx for your help

Basic Member
    Hi Guys, im new here. Pls i need some help, i have a alienware 17, 6700hq, 980m 4gb, 16gb of ram. I can play many games with sick fps rates but in dota2 my fps its all the time under 50, i think there is something wrong right since i can play more demanding games with amazing fps rates. Looking for some help here thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moambeiro View Post
    Hi Guys, im new here. Pls i need some help, i have a alienware 17, 6700hq, 980m 4gb, 16gb of ram. I can play many games with sick fps rates but in dota2 my fps its all the time under 50, i think there is something wrong right since i can play more demanding games with amazing fps rates. Looking for some help here thanks.
    Well:
    Describe your hardware and operating system, preferably in machine-generated form, not written by hand or screenshot.
    On Windows, dxdiag command provides all that (click Save all information... button then attach the output file) - or even better, use list_my_programs.bat - hit download, run it, attach the resulting output file from your Desktop.
    On Linux, you could use hardinfo. On Mac, you could use profiler.