Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: Dota2 crashes? Low FPS? Take Six steps before posting another ignored thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shingeeeeee View Post
    Hey aveyo,

I may have not understand it correctly but which ones do i need to use to stop shuttering when panning? Thanks!
    If you're talking about tearing, that's a complex matter that depends on screen speed, sli/crossfire, windows version, dwm on/off, gpu cpl options like forced vsync, adaptive vsync etc.
    Running in windowed/borderless modes should normally not tear (except if on win7 + dwm off). If it does, than you must also get it in desktop moving windows around so it's not just a Dota issue.

Some people reported stuttering while panning when they had vsync on - most likely a bug/conflict between dota vsync and gpu driver.
    That and the fact that ever since TI4 everybody (no exceptions) experiences framerate drops, made me force vsync off with my script.
    As of Nov4 version, Dota 2 best -fullscreen.lnk - has vsync on (it only makes sense for fullscreen mode), the other two generated shortcuts have it off. Just run each of them and find the one working best.
    To force vsync on or off for all modes, add mat_vsync "0" or mat_vsync "1" to autoexec.cfg

Basic Member
    so it worked for me now...but was giving me problems first..and after sometime suddenly it started working..thanks a lot..really appreciate your work..!! but the audio in game is disabled somehow..there is no music..i can only hear the hero dialogues..!!..nothing else.. can u tell me how to fix it? thanks..!!
    Last edited by slayer892; 11-03-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer892 View Post
    so it worked for me now...but was giving me problems first..and after sometime suddenly it started working..thanks a lot..really appreciate your work..!! but the audio in game is disabled somehow..there is no music..i can only hear the hero dialogues..!!..nothing else.. can u tell me how to fix it? thanks..!!
    Verify integrity of game.

Basic Member
    Hey Aveyo..!!

so i said previously that its working..and it really was..i played one game..shut it down..and then came back later to play but now its giving me the same problem again..i'm trying to verify game integrity..steam crashes when it reaches 25% max..and if i try playing a dota..it again crashes to desktop without giving any errors..!! here is a link to http://pastebin.com/ADH3SQ9y (list_my_programs.txt) ..i ran it..and i'm not able to find any dump files..no crash dumps are being generated by my pc..!! please help me if you can..

Quote Originally Posted by slayer892 View Post
    Hey Aveyo..!!

so i said previously that its working..and it really was..i played one game..shut it down..and then came back later to play but now its giving me the same problem again..i'm trying to verify game integrity..steam crashes when it reaches 25% max..and if i try playing a dota..it again crashes to desktop without giving any errors..!! here is a link to http://pastebin.com/ADH3SQ9y (list_my_programs.txt) ..i ran it..and i'm not able to find any dump files..no crash dumps are being generated by my pc..!! please help me if you can..
    That's an old WORK/OFFICE PC not even Windows7-ready X2 260 + HD 6450 + 6GB ram (odd number, it should be 2,4,8 for that system, you could try running with just 4GB) and nforce lan + via audio - no questions about it, it can't handle dota on anything but LOW-everything (with ~40-50fps not counting the drops everybody gets).

Here's the thing: It is / was used to do actual work, and it's stuffed with programs for work like Visual Studio and other SDK's. Sure you don't get crash dumps since it's not clear what VC library it's used by the game (debug or retail). You can go way beyound a crash-dump since you have VS installed, you could do a live debug on dota. Overkill, since your OS looks like "clean reinstall"-level mess. If you only have one PC and have to do both gaming and working, you really need to keep the main OS clean for games, and virtualize the work part (another OS installation on a different partition, or vmware/virtualbox install).

You might try getting rid of the worst AV invented and replace it with something like AVIRA, remove PunkBuster, DAEMON Tools, disable automatic starting for Garena, Kies, uTorrent, uninstall your video driver, driver clean it then update, and keep Chrome closed while playing / use Firefox. After that you should run the gamefixer.bat script again, and launch dota from the 3 new shortcuts (try the one named Dota 2 safe -nod3d9ex.lnk). A long shot.

Basic Member
    It's working fine now..i re-installed my OS..anyways..thanks for your help..i'll follow your steps of the problem persists..your doing a noble work..keep it up..really appreciate your assistance..!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    If you're talking about tearing, that's a complex matter that depends on screen speed, sli/crossfire, windows version, dwm on/off, gpu cpl options like forced vsync, adaptive vsync etc.
    Running in windowed/borderless modes should normally not tear (except if on win7 + dwm off). If it does, than you must also get it in desktop moving windows around so it's not just a Dota issue.

Some people reported stuttering while panning when they had vsync on - most likely a bug/conflict between dota vsync and gpu driver.
    That and the fact that ever since TI4 everybody (no exceptions) experiences framerate drops, made me force vsync off with my script.
    As of Nov4 version, Dota 2 best -fullscreen.lnk - has vsync on (it only makes sense for fullscreen mode), the other two generated shortcuts have it off. Just run each of them and find the one working best.
    To force vsync on or off for all modes, add mat_vsync "0" or mat_vsync "1" to autoexec.cfg
    i turned one vsync and game is smooth again. Thanks!

care to enlighten me more on whats going on with vsync turned on and making the game shutter this bad?

Basic Member
    i did everything except restarting steam and now my dota is even more bugged. not only it keeps crashing, it even crashes when i press the configurations button and the loading screen keeps appearing as my background on the menu's interface. i verified, reinstaled many times and even restored files but it keeps happening and i'm desperate! I would really appreciate if you could help me and ,if it serves for anything, i was messing with my ip a while before it happened. btw great thread and anticipated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KGBear View Post
    i did everything except restarting steam and now my dota is even more bugged. not only it keeps crashing, it even crashes when i press the configurations button and the loading screen keeps appearing as my background on the menu's interface. i verified, reinstaled many times and even restored files but it keeps happening and i'm desperate! I would really appreciate if you could help me and ,if it serves for anything, i was messing with my ip a while before it happened. btw great thread and anticipated thanks.
    No matter how many words you use to describe it, it won't suffice. Post a crashdump, a List_my_programs.txt.

Basic Member
    hey aveyo..
    my game is giving me the same problem again..i don't know what's wrong..it was working fine now till today..again the game crashes along with steam without giving me any errors..i haven't installed VS yet and all the other programs like utorrent and kies..still its crashing..also one more thing..after the 1st crash today..since then when i launch steam..i can see 4-5 icons of steam in my icon tray..if i close any one of them entire steam gets closed..can u please guide me on how can i solve this problem with VS? none of the other games crash like that but dota..my brother plays crysis 2..it doesn't crash..!! i had the same problem in dota1 too..the game crashed along Garena without any error messages..!! please help..Thanks!!