Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

Basic Member
    Faceless Void does not need any rework. I think maybe some people didn't understand what a "model" was, and voted for him because he was kind of OP in 6.81 and thought it was a hero rework.

Heroes like Slardar/Viper/Zeus need a rework more than Faceless Void.

Just cover it up all with armor and add bony purple faceless void as horse.

They asked for ideas not saying its fine!
    It was a stretch goal.

I don't blame you guys for having a very hard time.

I honestly think the stretch goal should have been a promised Viper+Slardar Remodel instead of a vote. Be careful the next time you trust the Dota2 community on a vote!

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinarfromReddit
    Remove hoofs.
    Keep only mouth on "Face".
    Somehow add some "Time Lord" etc stuff because he controls/foresees the time
    But please please please please KEEP the resemblance to Bane model. That specific part of the lore is SO GOOD. Or if you end up changing him, update Bane's model too.
    Posting because of this request:

Can someone post my last point on the dev forum as I don't have an account. I think that is the most important thing they should keep in mind.

Heroes like Slardar/Viper need a rework more than Faceless Void.
    This, i agree too.
    Last edited by Legion Commander; 10-10-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

I honestly don't know he won.. I love the model honestly. It's true to his WC3 counterpart and he has one of the most interesting models in the game.

If I were to change anything about the model it would probably his base weapon. A lot of the cosmetics seem better than it in almost every way.

Basic Member
    Viper should of won, this is why you don't let the community vote. Half of them probably thought it was for the Arcana.

Please don't remove the mouth, he has to look at least half normal. The best idea would be changing his body a bit, maybe making his body partly see through with stars and a milky way in it so it seems like the universe/space. Have him look like he is shifting between time periods (since he does control time) with backtrack, kind of like PA Blur not just dodging like he does now. Could have an hour glass rotating in his head, I really think a massive change to the existing model will destroy the hero. I'd probably just change the body frame a little, add a more universe/space style look to the hero, change backtrack animation, add a particle effect to his ultimate that makes it have vibrations come off the dome in waves and have an hour glass above the chrono that symbolises time ticking down like sand through the hour glass. Fix the Legs and Hands, make him a bit more ripped but not Jugg ripped.
    Last edited by jjas01; 10-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Basic Member
    I think allot of people were surprised tbh, maybe its best to work on the most important 3, Zeus, Slardar and Viper, as well as little things like Furions portrait and Treant looking very alpha and basic for example.

For Void, the biggest thing that came to mind is that he's supposed to be an inter-dimensional, H.P.Lovecraft esque elemental, literally a void. But the current model and voice is more like, theatrical time barbarian, or something to that effect.

The hammerhead is really cool, and I quite like the pale white/black/purple of his main body (Not so much the green), but right now his belt area is allot like Terror-blades so maybe he could be made either more or less similar to Terrorblade's design, depending on how you want the lore to work.

Don't really have any direct suggestions, but he definitely could be more brutal and elemental in the way he feels.

Basic Member
    If you want to keep a resemblance to bane, maybe you can have some ambient particles from chronosphere into his model, much like how bane has particles.

Basic Member
    Give him more of a Lovecraft look. More Eldritch Abomination and less Saturday morning cartoon monster of the week.