Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

Basic Member
    He should become a galactic-themed shapeshifter, in my opinion. Sort of like a cross between Morphling and Enigma. Maybe even a phantasm.

His current gimmick is a very literal interpretation of faceless, whereas a less defined, more philosophical approach could yield interesting results, especially if you imagine his new design as an alternate-look Arcana. This may be sort of against the spirit of the challenge to your team (which is why I think he actually won the contest... picking something that's extremely hard to change), but it would also allow you guys to avoid re-rigging like 500 cosmetic items.

If this isn't exactly what you were looking for, you could totally phone it in and give his old model a Kappa mask as an homage to the faceless legion of internet neckbeards who funded this terrible punishment to your art department. I honestly don't think anyone will care.

Le reddit army has arrived.

Also, thanks for enlightening me about voting, Jimmy.

Basic Member
    I think Valves assumption about what the vote means is wrong. Void didn't win the vote over Viper because people dislike (parts of) his model more.
    A better explanation is that Void is a more popular hero than Viper, and people like new fancy stuff. So they wanted to see a new model on a Hero they'd actually play.
    Void had ~50% more games than Viper in 6.81b, IMO enough to sway the vote even with some people voting on who "needs" the rework the most, where most people seem to agree on Viper.

If you go from my assumption about how the vote results came about (which might be wrong!) a solution would be to create an arcana for Void as well, and touch up his base model slightly with better textures, some neat details or what have you. This has the added benefit of not fucking with existing cosmetics.

Basic Member
    Here's my idea, do not change the model, of the hero that has a good model, and change the models, of the heroes, that have bad models, instead

Greetings,

If anything, I would recommend that you keep Faceless Void's current face/head style in the redesign as it is unique and iconic.

Perhaps you could give him a much more interesting suit of armor and improve his spell effects. I would also recommend making him look less like a "purple muscular human" and more like an alien by giving chitin-like properties to his skin and overall physiology.
    Last edited by Bleako; 10-10-2014 at 01:35 PM.

This is Easy just do to Void what you did to Anti Mage and Shadow Fiend, Updated Textures More Alien Less Human more Tentacular Limbs.

I feel the one who voted for void is simply trolling. Heck, I see people wanting to vote model change for wisp which is nonsensical since wisp is suppose to be a ball of light and there is nothing much you can rework with it. His old model was fine but maybe a slight reference to his old DotA model could work.

No to Void's model rework. BUT if you insist, make him ripped as fuck and remove all those goofy hooves and teeth. Why? Because he's a TIME LORD. Well, I know some of his cosmetics will not complement this idea. However, I would prefer a hideous Lovecraftian xenomorph from another dimension bashing the crap out of me over a purple Colgate model.

Seriously? Just make it a free cosmetic set.

Void winning the remodel vote was idiotic at best and allowed other heroes who actually needed it to be left out.

Basic Member
    I don't even know what to change because IMO he looks fine. I know you probably don't want to disregard the vote but I'd much rather see Slardar/Zeus/Viper get reworked.