Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

Basic Member
    give him a tentacle face like in wc3

Quote Originally Posted by Nautix View Post
    He should become a galactic-themed shapeshifter, in my opinion. Sort of like a cross between Morphling and Enigma. Maybe even a phantasm.

His current gimmick is a very literal interpretation of faceless, whereas a less defined, more philosophical approach could yield interesting results, especially if you imagine his new design as an alternate-look Arcana. This may be sort of against the spirit of the challenge to your team (which is why I think he actually won the contest... picking something that's extremely hard to change), but it would also allow you guys to avoid re-rigging like 500 cosmetic items.

If this isn't exactly what you were looking for, you could totally phone it in and give his old model a Kappa mask as an homage to the faceless legion of internet neckbeards who funded this terrible punishment to your art department. I honestly don't think anyone will care.
    or this

I actually think zues and viper remodel should be a first priority

also what happened to "lots of stuff behinds the scenes we promise "
    Last edited by imcum; 10-10-2014 at 01:35 PM.

With texture / slight model improvements you should make him a bit more.. How'd i say - muscular. He sure does have some muscles but they just don't show up (and not meaning to make him a bodybuilder, just sharpen the edges of his muscles in his back for example)

Quote Originally Posted by imcum View Post
    give him a tentacle face like in wc3
    He already has such cosmetic item.

The closer to the wc3 model, the better (though his current model is fine imo)

Basic Member
    PLEASE DONT DO TENTACLE LIMBS OR FACE, allow that for cosmetics. Still needs to look half humanoid.

Basic Member
    He won surprisingly, maybe because there people find odd that he is literally faceless? Maybe you should consider redefining the concept of "faceless", and tbh he is to skinny and short too which it make it worst, he needs to look badass, he's a hero that needs to incite fear

Basic Member

A lot of heroes in this game have a problem with looking too goofy (Nature's Prophet and Elder Titan for example)
    However, I think Void is fine

Basic Member
    Honestly he doesn't need a remodel, the vote became a popularity vote between heroes rather than what characters 'needed' a remodel. I thought Shadowfiend was fine as is but resources were spent remodeling that instead of heroes which could have been remodeled like Viper or Slardar. Please make a new poll for people to vote on for remodels regardless of this vote outcome. Void is actually one of the best remodeled heroes IMO from WC3 Dota's model.

Just seems like a waste of resources to change him.