Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless00 View Post
    Attachment 27415
    hello everyone!
    I wanted to see him more formidable, and similar to alien.
    With a humpbacked silhouette and presence of spikes in some places.
    Rest of the things is good for him.
    This head looks a lot better than the standard one.
    To add my own 2 cents he should be more ripped. Give him more abs and biceps. Also I dont like his feet and hands.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSky View Post
    I think for the new models is better to add button "Change Model", let the player decides which model he likes. It's 100% satisfy the wishes of all the players, those who like the old model, and those who want a new one.

I agree for Lion. I want Mr. Fat Face Lion back.

Also, if you go through with this, it is possible you can drastically change Faceless Void and cosmetics not matching new model won't make a problem for anyone, since players can just get new cosmetics when the workshop artists do their job. However, you still need to respect the voice lines, such as the one about him using a mace as a weapon.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 10-12-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    Remove hooves.
    Everything else is fine for me on Voids model (dont know why he won the vote so...)

Existing model is great (mb add some distinctive features that would more differentiate him from Bane - see screen), think about adding more effects like freezing (in time), collapsing into time-phantoms, make him more elusive, elusory etc.
    tumblr_inline_n8o4nnC55J1qhfinb.png

Quote Originally Posted by Limie Pie View Post
    Changing Zeus, Slardar or Viper is kinda boring and predictable.
    What? Why? It's about which heroes have priority over others. What you're is like giving Terrorblade a new model "to see what they can do".

Basic Member
    Dota 2 Faceless Void is easily my favorite hero model in the whole game. Not a clue why people voted him (unless it was some kind of trolling). And to be honest, I'm pretty sure that whatever Valve (or the community) comes with, will end looking worse.
    They shouldn't do this kind of vote pool anymore as it seems obvious to me that this was some kind of trolling supported by people telling others what to vote in some forums or something.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhabih View Post
    Hi all,

Faceless Void has won out over Viper in the Compendium model rework vote. To be honest, it was an unexpected result of the final vote even for us. Faceless Void won the votes across all regions.

We've been grappling with what to do internally for some time now and decided we need more information. So we are approaching the Dota community to gather feedback on what it is about Faceless Voidís model that people are reacting negatively to. It will help us have a good starting point as to how to approach this on our end so that we end up with something that most of the Dota community will be happy with.

We are specifically looking for information about the parts of the design that you like, and the parts you dislike and why.

-dhabih
    To be honest, I would do another vote to make sure. I am positive that when you guys stated for a new model rework, people thought it wasn't for those that look terrible, but to make a hero that has a fantastic model already and make him more badass. I find absolutely nothing wrong with the Faceless Void model, and think it is one of the most unique ones in the game. I would call another vote, and have it featured on the blog so everyone sees it when they start Dota 2.

Basic Member
    You can make his face look like this ijvl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Erdisio View Post
    You can make his face look like this ijvl.jpg
    If my speculations are correct, Oracle should have that kind of face, already. Or I wish he had. (source: some random ass Valve concept art)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsmuse View Post
    What? Why?
    If Void was not chosen, he would have NEVER been touched. And his model is quite boring.
    Zeus, Slardar, Viper are most likely gonna get reworks eventually anyway (since they have no cosmetics yet. Or just very few).
    Thus it's not all bad.
    Last edited by Shibubu; 10-13-2014 at 04:16 AM.
    VALVE KNIGHTS - ASSEMBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    If Void was not chosen, he would have NEVER been touched.
    He doesn't need to be touched. At least not right now. That's what I'm thinking.
    Last edited by omgitsmuse; 10-13-2014 at 05:26 AM.