Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    I don't like him and his overuse of the word "fucking" for emphasis. As I said before, the costumers do not care about the production process, they care about the final result, which in this case, is exactly the same as the old one. We do not care they remodeled him from scratch, or that they reanimated him. It looks exactly the same with a slightly different textures. If they didn't want to remodel Void, they should have given us a limited options to vote for.
    ψ RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS ψ
    Valve's TO DO LIST (I see you guys keep forgetting so I made one for you):
    - Viper remodel - Slardar remodel - Pit Lord
    - Manila Compendium - New UI - 6.88 (a real patch this time)

Basic Member
    I was never really bothered by Void's model and I did not even buy the compendium, but I can understand why those who did are quite unhappy. Now don't get me wrong, I think that the texture updates were rather good and I like that the model did not change much, but is it worthy of being called a remodel?

There were many amazing yet simple things that could have been done to make the already great model better during all that time:

Like many here mentioned, the mouth could have just been removed. http://puu.sh/gHpiF.jpg
    When mouthless, the model looks way better and also more fitting to the hero (since he is actually faceless).

On dota chat in playdota.com, Humletz even further suggested (in addition to removing the mouth of course) to make the face tattoos move when Void talks. Yendor suggested that the tattoo could also be in constant motion but moves more rapidly when Void talks. I am not sure how many people like Void's mouth (I for one think it looks rather silly), but even if people did like the mouth a lot, you guys could have just made it appear when Void is inside Chronosphere. That would make everyone happy and also give the mystical feel to the Faceless Void...you know when time stops, you can see part of his face, which is unknown to all.

Basic Member
    hola esta muy bien hecho el faceless emmn pero sii la cara le cambiarian un poco pulpo onda piratas del caribe en forma de arcanoo estaria muy lindo ya q el ultimo poder es una burbija tiene mucho centidoo
    va kedar muy bien un arcano con cabesa de pulpo o calamar :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lion. View Post
    the costumers do not care about the production process, they care about the final result
    No, In this case the customer didn't care about what they want the product turn out to be only demand that there must be a product for them. And then when the product are out the customer just bitching that the product didn't satisfice them while they didn't care to participate in the feedback how they want the product to turn out to be.
    Last edited by GothicCream; 03-20-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Banned
    LoL got over 10 texture updates since the start of the year and 2 reworks, and I mean actual reworks, as in new model, new animation, new everything. And they didn't even pay for it.

Meanwhile we get a few extra lines on a hero and it's suddenly a rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    Yeah, but he needs a way to talk.
    Well... He can't talk like Kenny?
    http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Kenny_Southpark_sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    LoL got over 10 texture updates since the start of the year and 2 reworks, and I mean actual reworks, as in new model, new animation, new everything. And they didn't even pay for it.

Meanwhile we get a few extra lines on a hero and it's suddenly a rework.
    Void got a new model, new animation and basically new everything (except particles) so I don't really think you know what you're talking about

Banned
    If you define new as "exactly the same as old but with a few extra purple lines" then sure, he got a new model.

Pros of Reddit over forums.
    Important thing will be on the top of discussion so no one keep asking the same question over and over again, Like Void model.

Cons
    Reddit is frickkin circlejerk community.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    But you do pay for said heroes :^)

Now crying response will come ' b-but i can get them from game points, LeL isF2P, ;__;'
    Last edited by Legion Commander; 03-21-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.