Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 LastLast

Thread: Faceless Void Rework

To summarize what happened:

- Valve asked for community remodel (even putting Slardar on the picture for a HUGE hint, check for remodel vote ) and community responded with Void remodel.

- Valve was like 'wtf?', they didn't know what to do with Void so they asked players about the remodel. (This thread, playdota thread, reddit thread, etc.).

- People either reponded with pics about wc3 Void (which is under Blizzard copyright you idiots, there is a warcraft race called faceless ones) or people like me ( and func and some other people, even kat) that said he doesn't need overall texture improvement and getting rid of the hooves. Which is exactly they did.

And community cries because what community wanted happened? W0T?

I hope Valve doesn't put ANY kind of votes in the next compendium. Because dota community showed us that at least more than half of them are incompetent of reading or even basic thinking.

Or at least, if they are gonna do a system, make sure to write it like it explains to a 6-year-old.

/Rant.

Edit:

Adding this guy's post in my rant.
    Last edited by Legion Commander; 03-23-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Show me an actual post to that. Which is a different matter and completely irrelevant anyway.
    I don't know what you mean by post, for the umpteenth time, the compendium goal says "vote" on it, so the goal was about the vote, it was the subject in the sentence. and the predicate was the "hero remodel". This is as far as i know the way english works.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

I dunno if this was already mentioned in one of the preceding 83 pages. I think Valve's mistake was having a "bracket" system for voting. If they had just asked people to pick one hero, I'm pretty sure Maceless Void wouldn't have been picked. But hey, count on Valve to fuck up the simplest things.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    I dunno if this was already mentioned in one of the preceding 83 pages. I think Valve's mistake was having a "bracket" system for voting. If they had just asked people to pick one hero, I'm pretty sure Maceless Void wouldn't have been picked. But hey, count on Valve to fuck up the simplest things.
    Don't underestimate the community that filled with wannabe star carry.

Basic Member
    From the bracket-like system you could already see that the community didn't vote which hero deserved a remodel. Slardar, Viper and Zeus were eliminated pretty quickly.
    It said vote for the hero which should get a remodel but the community voted their favorite hero it seems?
    I don't think changing the voting system would have made a large difference. Why would Slardar, Viper, Zeus pass in an alternate vote system when the heroes they were pitched against caused them to be eliminated?

Maybe change the wording to make it more clear to vote on the ugliest hero model. (It was already clear but it seems it wasn't clear enough.)

The voice vote worked on the other hand very well. Visage, Magnus and Spectre were the heroes where I wanted an alternate voice.
    One thing voice vote, hero remodel vote and arcana vote had in common was they were all hard carries. (Spectre, Void, Phantom Assassin)
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - Ü 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

I think Faceless Void is more cooler now...He got his own 6-packs

Banned

return the old legs #void

please roll back to the old legs/hooves ... the new ones look so weird they make me cringe.

Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    From the bracket-like system you could already see that the community didn't vote which hero deserved a remodel. Slardar, Viper and Zeus were eliminated pretty quickly.
    It said vote for the hero which should get a remodel but the community voted their favorite hero it seems?
    I don't think changing the voting system would have made a large difference. Why would Slardar, Viper, Zeus pass in an alternate vote system when the heroes they were pitched against caused them to be eliminated?

Maybe change the wording to make it more clear to vote on the ugliest hero model. (It was already clear but it seems it wasn't clear enough.)

The voice vote worked on the other hand very well. Visage, Magnus and Spectre were the heroes where I wanted an alternate voice.
    One thing voice vote, hero remodel vote and arcana vote had in common was they were all hard carries. (Spectre, Void, Phantom Assassin)
    The bracket system's description was written really poorly, it could have been taken as we're voting for a hero to save from remodeling from each bracket. So no wonder real contenders didn't process further, I bet lots of players misunderstood.

Viper should be remodeled instead of void