Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Axe remake?

His design is fine as is. Valve understands the concept of actually keeping the aesthetics consistent.

Basic Member
    Like sheeps... axe looks like a british lord in dota 2, stop with your fanboyism.

That's a bit of a hyperbole, isn't it?

And anyway, when discussing something like the appearance of a character, it's difficult to actually find any solid facts for why it should change or stay the same, since there aren't actually any. It's really all about how well it's been received by the players, and at this point of time, there are more people who support Axe's new design in this thread than there are detractors to it.

Basic Member
    Wow, I must disagree. Axe has, like, the best voice lines in the whole game in my opinion. Because, you know, there ARE epic, brutal, demonic-like (doom, balanar, sf) or corrupted (lion, warlock) heroes - and some of them (well, balanar at least) are even pretty badass. TB also will improve the pool, I suppose. You want even another corrupted-to-demon guy? Instead of current perfectly hilarious "Axe attacks!" and that whole story how he become the only soldier in his own army? I know for sure that I never cared about his personality in dota1, but now I enjoy it every time I play him. And he is not like clockwerk to call him retarded, really...

Well I guess I'm the only one that finds Dota 2's Axe generic and the WC'3 Axe one of the most epic gaming characters ever (glowing eyes, the voice, the lines, the story behind the change and the twisting of the old character into the new one evrything).

Unique fantasy world? I can't disagree more. But hey, it looks like I'll just stick to WC3 DotA.

Geeeez, don't do that kind of self-persecution thing; no one is going to seriously hate on you for preferring anything different.

But honestly, what grinds my gears the most is when people do that while insulting the tastes of others at the same time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    FROM THE AXE OF AXE
    This.

Basic Member

But yeah, Axe is pretty awesome as is, especially that kill line of his, the best. You should also read the lore, and then compare the voice to the lore to which you'll see the perfection and synergy of both. They go so well together!

Let's just pretend this thread never existed.
    Nothing good came out of it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind_Falcon View Post
    But hey, it looks like I'll just stick to WC3 DotA.
    over.. one character's redesign? ok.. bye
    Last edited by vladhood; 12-28-2011 at 01:26 PM.