View Poll Results: Should players receive abandonment/low prio for any quit once picking phase starts?

Voters
418. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be punished for dodging

236 56.46%
  • No, dodging improves the game experience and is fair for everyone

182 43.54%
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Punish early leavers (Dodgers)

Punish early leavers (Dodgers)

Apparently dodgers that quit in the picking phase or before the creeps come out dont even get an abandonment, and obviously they dont get Low prio, so you can see the same dodger in a couple of games in a row making it endless to find a game.

So if anyone knows for a FACT how and WHEN does a player actually gets an abandonment and low prio, I'd appreciate if you told us (Even more so if its supported by official sources/posts)
    Regardless, the reason of this post is to ask you....when should a player be able to quit? Here's my personal opinion.

You start searching a game
    You find a game
    You CLICK in YES meaning you WANT, and HAVE TIME TO PLAY

I think that RIGHT after this, you should be punished for leaving, receiving an abandonment and low prio if you do it more than 2 times in X period of time

Why? because a lot of people quit in the picking phase, when they JUST accepted to play.....now I agree, sometimes you see 100% retard picks...however the problem is....WHAT is a retard pick? Who I'm I to say X hero is bad against X people? I have seen a lot of people quit because they think someone did a retard pick, when I think "Hey...it wasnt a bad pick" so problem is you are not only enabling "PROS" to choose their team mates, you are also allowing NOOBS and AVERAGE players to criticise others and quit for no reason, wasting the time of other 9 people. The other day I saw this guy INSTAPICK nesaj (And I HATE instapickers, I think its just a way of saying to your team "I dont give a shit about the team, I dont know that I can be countered, and I'll just play by myself because I dont care what we need or what is good for the team") And then he demanded us to pick certain heros, he asked for puck and and witch doctor, we didnt pick them and he quit because of that.

Then, lets say we got past the picking phase with no quits...why should someone be able to quit before the creeps come out? Lets say a kid rages and demands "I WANT TO SOLO X LANE!" and someone doesnt lets him or doesnt agrees....is that a reason to quit?

So what do you guys think? when should a player be able to quit without receiving an abandonment and why?
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

abandoning ruins games
    you can't ruin a game that hasn't started
    maybe dodgers get no queue for 2 minutes

tl;dr: i disagree with you

Basic Member
    queue dodging is a spoiled brat way of doing things, want complete control of the team? party up as 5 and stfu, if your doing a pub search, don't be surprised people won't pick what you want, hell some of these matches i'v hung around for and WE'V won, the people with 4!
    so i agree, this little kid attitude of not getting your way in randoms needs to stop.

You're forcing 9 other players to find another game, thus ruining the game.

If anything there should be detection for connection timeouts so that players that get dropped don't get an abandon. Anyone else that leaves on purpose should be punished accordingly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnews View Post
    You're forcing 9 other players to find another game, thus ruining the game.

If anything there should be detection for connection timeouts so that players that get dropped don't get an abandon. Anyone else that leaves on purpose should be punished accordingly.
    easly cured by removing that damned disconnect command, honestly its abused often ...

Basic Member
    How about just waiting a few minutes to queue again?

Never had a problem with it myself, but don't like the idea of it. Voted yes.

Your poll is intentionally misleading. Just because someone votes no does not mean they are agreeing that dodging improves the game experience and is fair for everyone. You should remake it with just Yes/No as the options.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsalter View Post
    easly cured by removing that damned disconnect command, honestly its abused often ...
    Alt-F4 works as well, or do you think people won't bother because they have to relaunch the game?

If people are going to leave early, then their next queue should be delayed for 5 minutes at least.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mibuwolf View Post
    Alt-F4 works as well, or do you think people won't bother because they have to relaunch the game?

If people are going to leave early, then their next queue should be delayed for 5 minutes at least.
    that would work to but i know many people would rather avoid this way of leaving due to the whole "effort to launch it" again, the worlds getting lazier incase you hadn't noticed :P