Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Heroes get stuck around towers all the time

Banned

[Fixed] Heroes get stuck around towers all the time

The last patch made the chance of this happening 100%, whenever you're walking around a tower, you'll freeze a few times.

It's easily noticed around the T4 towers, as the hero freezes 4 or 5 times.

Yeah I've noticed this.

Basic Member
    I've been noticing this as well. Fairly ridiculous that pathfinding still doesn't work smoothly after X years.

It might be a feature to make even moving take skill.
    Check my My Steam profile for trade interests, etc.

Location! Location! Location! Location! Location! Location! Location! Location!
    Has anyone noticed this elsewhere, like around trees? I've had some weird delays when trying to pathfind through zigzags in trees, though my mouse has been on the fritz the past few days, so I might have been misclicking in some of the tighter juke spots.

Either way, pathfinding around buildings is completely borked right now.

really like it bug.jpg

Basic Member
    Yeah I noticed this, it's quite a serious issue that could get people killed tower hugging now.

Best repro I have found is to stand for example at Dire bot barracks, click to walk to the T1 bot tower, and watch your hero path around the other towers and clip/get stuck continuously as it paths around them. This happens more often when creeps are also in the mix. Generally it seems also that getting blocked in creeps is leading to more clowny pathfinding after the recent patch.

You even get stuck walking to lane or back to base and it will cost you a few seconds or mess up your block sometimes.

Pathfinding was said to have had bugs fixed but I agree, I've experienced more issues in the past few days with plain terrible pathing, especially in trees and in fog. Hero just does what it wants and wanders around in stupid directions.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Banned
    Heroes walking in place confused between two possible paths also started happening more often.

Basic Member
    I noticed this too, but with the Dire Ancient
    Sometimes when I order my hero to go to the fountain, it reach the ancient and then decides on which way to go for like..5 seconds? or more, but I just manually move there when I realize

Basic Member
    I kinda miss WC3's Square movement collision. it simpliflies a lot of AI movement and would fix many bugs including being able to run away from hasted units arround towers.
    Finally decided to "transition" to dota 2. Still does not like moving.