Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireborn Assault kinetic gem vs Bladekeeper's Kinetic gems, a matter of priority

Fireborn Assault kinetic gem vs Bladekeeper's Kinetic gems, a matter of priority

I have a problem related to Kinetic gems and how they interact / prioritize over each other.

I have had the Fireborn Odachi sword for juggernaut for a long time and like the attack animation etc. that comes with the gem, however with the recent DC set (although I don't like the items in there as much as what I currently have) three new kinetic gems were added that give, to my knowledge, custom icons (these function) and custom animations for Bladefury Bladedance and Omnislash.

The problem is that Currently the Bladefury and Bladedance effects from the new set aren't working because the Fireborn assault gem seemingly has priority over the new gems. It gets weirder with Omnislash because the Fireborn Assault Kinetic gem doesn't have a listed effect for Omnislash, however the Bladekeeper's Omnislash effect still isn't being used.

Screenshot of the item with socketed gems:

Would any of you happen to know how gems are prioritized? Would switching the Fireborn Assault gem to the last slot fix the issue, or is this a bug of sorts?

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    It should not be a matter of priority. It should be
    1. display all uncommon effects between the gems.
    2. for effects that are common (conflicting) between the gems, display one randomly.
    I am a big supporter of this idea, it would be pretty amazing and allows us to mix and match to our hearts content.
    Last edited by Chane; 11-10-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Ill try to help

in my case : 1) in armore I put new 3 gems, which give me animations and icons
    2) in arms i have fireborn assaulty gem, which gives stance in game

However critical strike animation stays of fireborn odachi, others are changed with new.
    jug slot 2.jpg

jug slot.jpg

Hope this helps

Basic Member
    up

Quote Originally Posted by ikaeomer View Post
    Ill try to help

in my case : 1) in armore I put new 3 gems, which give me animations and icons
    2) in arms i have fireborn assaulty gem, which gives stance in game

However critical strike animation stays of fireborn odachi, others are changed with new.
    jug slot 2.jpg

jug slot.jpg

Hope this helps
    The problem here is that you are using the blue sword (which is awesomely renamed btw), while I am using the Odachi itself, and a lot of animations / particles seem to be bound to the Odachi itself, or to the combination of the Fireborn assault + Odachi.

What SHOULD happen is that if the bladekeeper gems are placed higher than the Odachi gem the particles they offer take priority over particles of the Odachi/Fireborn gem, while Odachi/Fireborn gem provides all the benefits not taken by the other, in that case higher priority gems.

The problem here lies in this priority system not being in place as well the Odachi being an older weapon, with a seemingly outdated gem system.

The weird part is that I am getting the custom icons, so it seems even though the bladefury animations are being handled by the Odachi combo, the actual icon is of the Bladekeeper gem, which would imply such a system would be in place and should be functional.

Basic Member
    I would like to know how they interact as well...
    jugg item.png

So as you can see my Bladekeeper gems are all on top of my fireborn assault gem. My juggernaut holds the sword upright based on the effect of the fireborn assault, has the baldekeeper gem effects for Bladefury and Omnislash but NOT the effect for blade dance...

Basic Member
    I have put all those gems in the green sword kuur-ishiminari the ult is from new set crit and stance from fireborn i don't have the black smokes on sword and no black when i use bladefury.Is the black smoke connected to the original sword or it goes with the kinetics ?

Quote Originally Posted by namezlezz View Post
    I would like to know how they interact as well...
    jugg item.png

So as you can see my Bladekeeper gems are all on top of my fireborn assault gem. My juggernaut holds the sword upright based on the effect of the fireborn assault, has the baldekeeper gem effects for Bladefury and Omnislash but NOT the effect for blade dance...
    Does this actually provide the Odachi attack animations?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chane View Post
    Does this actually provide the Odachi attack animations?
    Yes i believe they do. I was hoping the 06/11 patch would have fixed it as it was within the patch notes but sadly the crit partical effect is still not shown

Basic Member
    Just bought the new set, took out Omnislash and Bladefury gem. Slotted the other items and put them there.

It seems Fireborn Assault's Blade Dance conflicts with Bladekeeper's Blade Dance and no effect was shown, none at all. Replaced one of the items, ones with either Fireborn Assault or Bladekeeper's Blade Dance with a no-slot item/unequipped.

I regained the effect. It seems Fireborn Assault's Blade Dance effect is not like the one from Bladekeeper's Blade Dance. Fireborn Assault only gives a wave-effect like when you do Bladefury, not like the one on Gamepedia's gif.

I rather take the safe way and gem them on other items, it's not fancy but it works. So if gotta have Fireborn Assault on your loadout. You can't have Bladekeeper's Blade Dance(effect) and have Fireborn Assault's Bladefury.

Combo 1:
    Omnislash
    Fireborn Assault (Bladefury & Blade Dance)

Combo 2:
    Bladekeeper's Omnislash
    Bladekeeper's Bladefury
    Fireborn Assault (Blade Dance)

Basic Member
    Hey there.

I gathered all 4 gems in a new hat. Together with my old Dragon Sword get the following:
    Bladefury - taken from the new gems (black effect and icon - really like it, so plus).
    Ward - new icon.
    Blade Dance - animation from fireborn assault gem, an icon of the new gem. The visual effect is broken (huge minus, coz neither of them fully works).
    Omnislash - icon and animation (visual effect) from the new gem.

For a long time I like auto attacks, haste/run and idle animation from Fireborn Assault.
    I hope all of these combinations will be fixed or will be added choose what kind of animation / effects used in the conflict.
    Last edited by Admiral; 11-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.