Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: HUD mock up - Removed wasted space + optimized for widescreen

This is really good! Can you make a mock-up of the clock remained in the top-middle?
    I think it's easier to see the clock in the middle as most of us are used to it. The rest are great!
    Especially the heroes icon at the bottom. Really saved up a lot of space and more room for view.

THere has been lots of threads about this, and I am sure that valve will do something about this. But I gotta say, those suggestions you have here are GREAT. They should implement it like this D:

Quote Originally Posted by BenSkysong View Post
    This is really good! Can you make a mock-up of the clock remained in the top-middle?
    I think it's easier to see the clock in the middle as most of us are used to it. The rest are great!
    Especially the heroes icon at the bottom. Really saved up a lot of space and more room for view.
    Added to the op.

I personally think the latest suggestion (the one from BenSkySong) is absolutely perfect.

Basic Member
    I also have 19" monitor and i dont have any problems and i like how it is now.. though i have nothing against if they change it.

Basic Member
    I really like the 3rd one with the heroes at the bottom, just add the clock at the top and it would be perfect. The current UI has a huge amount of empty space. The only thing I've seen it "used" for is webcam spots/sponsor logos on streams.

Basic Member
    I think the mockups with the heros at the bottom don't work because of varying aspect ratios.
    On the side it could work if they had vertical icons - but I think on the top is pretty good as is.

Here's a quick paint edit. What do you think?

@ScepticMatt

I really like that!

morning community ,

I play DotA since 2004 and would rather like to see the UI like in post #167. Why? It' simple.

- It's neccessary that the minimap is on the bottom-left. Just LoL changed it and nobody grew up with that shitty bottom-right minimap
    - i also distribute my skill points with hotkeys, so i don't need to know the icon of my skills. That's why you can easily do the UI of the Hero itselfs smaller(in the picture its done well!)
    - The Heroe-icons and day/night-time should be on the top, BECAUSE: i sometimes would hit the Heroicons in a fight with my skills, so just let it on the top!
    - The inventory can be as small as it is in the picture, because i know all items

>thats my opinion in all case

hope you could comprehended all.

unheal

Basic Member
    +1 for smaller HUD. Customizability/modability is also a potential solution a la HoN.