Thread: Losing connection to the GC + Suggestions

Basic Member

Losing connection to the GC + Suggestions

I am now the leader of a reasonable sized guild (491 members right now), I have decided to go the route of promoting everyone to the officer status so they can invite others and the guild can grow exponentially.

I have to flick through 25 pages of members, I press the arrows reasonably fast, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I get to the end, steam seems to lose connection to the GC -- Steam completely freezes and dota goes into offline mode. I need to wait a little while for it to reconnect, in order to promote the new members to officer.

Another issue I have is that officers can edit the guild message. I would love it if I could select what permissions a guild officer has -- and on top of that, if I could make my own ranks within the guild, that would be great.

I'd love to have a rank that allows people to invite only, and not edit the guild message.

I'd love to have a rank for members who have contributed something to the guild, eg: A tester

I rank for players who have good internet connections and would make solid hosts (this guild is for the purposes of finding matches easier)

I have also accidentally promoted members to guild leader, and am unable to lower their rank, luckily for me, the members have lowered their rank for me, but still, kind of annoying.
    Last edited by ash47; 11-15-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Basic Member
    "Losing connection to the Garbage Collector + Suggestions"

That was the first thing I was thinking about when I read the title xD

@TOPIC

Isn't that more of a Steam issues you are experiencing rather than an issue with the Dota 2 client ?

Basic Member
    It happens inside the dota 2 client, when I do dota 2 stuff, dota 2 is causing the issue, it might have been a fluke, but, it appears to be fixed now <3