Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandaren Brewmaster

I just love how storm randomly barrelrolls when he does his ulti. -wtf and go form end to end of the map. click on the portrait and watch him spin!

Basic Member
    Why I feel Brewmaster still needs to be a panda is due to the whole aesthetic, he was much more distinctive, his animations were crisp, his voice, his model...everything fit together like a jigsaw puzzl. Yes he was a war3 hero, but in DotA he was Mangix and everything Blizzard had designed for him fit so darn well...I really hope they don't lose that in translation.

They did a great job with Storm Spirit, the re-imagination of him was amazing...but Storm Spirit in DotA didn't quite have the same aesthetic feel as Panda...the two heroes are kinda worlds apart IMO in that department. I mean, even though Storm was a Panda whoever referred to him as "Panda"? No one ever called Magnix, Magnix or Brewmaster (ok they used brewmaster sometimes), they called him PANDA!

Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    Why I feel Brewmaster still needs to be a panda is due to the whole aesthetic, he was much more distinctive, his animations were crisp, his voice, his model...everything fit together like a jigsaw puzzl. Yes he was a war3 hero, but in DotA he was Mangix and everything Blizzard had designed for him fit so darn well...I really hope they don't lose that in translation.

They did a great job with Storm Spirit, the re-imagination of him was amazing...but Storm Spirit in DotA didn't quite have the same aesthetic feel as Panda...the two heroes are kinda worlds apart IMO in that department. I mean, even though Storm was a Panda whoever referred to him as "Panda"? No one ever called Magnix, Magnix or Brewmaster (ok they used brewmaster sometimes), they called him PANDA!
    Yeah i hope they keep as much as possibel from the old panda is't just a perfect hero. Thats it why change him? if they want to buy rights to one hero it should be panda.

Listen to this, guys.

Honestly, to me, it seems as if some of you guys are over-sensationalizing the panda-thing. What with how dramatic some of you are, it's not hard to think that you guys are just being nostalgic and resistant to change.

I think they'd go a long way by continuing to lose the panda aesthetic, they've been done before, and valve has shown they can do great characters in their place. Storm spirit is one of my favourites now.

Well, as far as it goes, PB is very likely to become just Brewmaster. And while i don't think that there will be any of them freaking pandas in DOTA2... Brew will likely still be one - after all, he is referred to as "Panda" in the game chat. And they're naming heroes after their gamechat names in DOTA1.

This is why Shadow Fiend is not Nevermore and Shadow Shaman is not Rhasta.

Basic Member
    DotA1 Storm was my very favorite despite the great work Valve did at remastering him.

The same goes to Mangix, I like his brew barrel, his stick ... But it is clearly Blizzard property. Making a panda is ok, making a panda who uses drinks and splits into 3 elem'pandas is not.

But well, Valve's work.

Basic Member
    Primal split unleash actually his dead kungfu mates, they can be actually other kind of animals, like a fire tiger, and earth monkey and a storm mantis
    i like it

i really hope they wont change brewmaster to be something else than - panda.

if you noticed it, i think there is no real copyright war going on between blizzard and valve. when blizzard accepted the fact that they wont be doing dota game, they also accepted the fact that a lot of their material will be ported to valve edition. but, they also know that dota is not their product, but icefrogs. they also know that a lot of people play wc3 only to play dota map. its a friendship based agreement i think, and icefrog respects blizzard as much as they respect him for what he did. so they will rather discuss and agree on some issues rather than throw copyright sues at each other.

for me storm never really had pandaren lore. its and electric being and you could find more similiarites with raiden from mortal combat than with any pandaren creature from wc3. brewmaster is a different case, he acts like panda and uses panda skills from wc3, so i think he will remain what he is. he will not be named "pandaren" probably, but "panda brewmaster" is more than ok.

Panda must be a panda, storm was a panda just cause they run out of models.
    Maverick Hunter.