Thread: Pudge replays: no hook+no hook casting animation

Basic Member

Pudge replays: no hook+no hook casting animation

Clipboard0223.png

hi, as you can see, pudge has no hook on him, tidehunter also has both of his arms free (no weapon/no fish ). When pudge is throwing the hook, there's no animation (he is just standing still and the hooked victim flies towards him), only sound of the hook is present.

only checked theese 3 replays:
    and in all of them this problem is present.

thanks for the time and gl

Basic Member
    most probably very old replays... As the game was updated, a LOT of things change, causing things that have been changed not to work in older replays... which is why you'll have a lot of bugs

Basic Member
    The hook is still bugged though, several times i got grabbed by hook which didn't reach me, at least animation of the hook wasn't even close to me, or maybe it's the delay or desync. Either way cheap deaths.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
    The hook is still bugged though, several times i got grabbed by hook which didn't reach me, at least animation of the hook wasn't even close to me, or maybe it's the delay or desync. Either way cheap deaths.
    Most probably a visual delay. Happens to me to sometimes (most notably with Zeus), but sometimes a spell's visual is behind the actual effect. So the hook was technically there already, but for some reason the animation played a bit late... If you can understand what I mean ^^