Thread: Bots Spells

Basic Member

Bots Spells

Bots will use a spell instantly when you use one, making it easy to predict, maybe base it on positioning near tower, or if its sven bolt when there are 2 together? etc

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pro View Post
    Bots will use a spell instantly when you use one
    Elaborate. I don't understand what you want to say...

Basic Member
    He's telling us that bots don't use spells when its suitable for them,they don't plan or take advantages of their positions and situations when casting spell.
    When a human player casts spell,that triggers bots to cast theirs spells,making their casting predicable.
    For instance,if i want enemy bot Sven to cast bolt,i'll just use some spell from my hero,he'll react and cast bolt.

He's suggesting that that enemy bot Sven should try to cast spells when its good for him,and not just when a human player casts spell.
    For isntance,if human player gets to close to enemy tower,bot Sven would stun him so tower could attack him.
    Or if there are 3 players together,Sven would use a Bolt to stun and dmg them all,thus using the current situation at his advantage.

Basic Member
    Now that I think about it, that must be the reason why Sven kept engaging the enemy bots when I was laning with him as Spectre. Due to dispersion dealing damage to them, he thought I wanted to initiate.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    Now that I think about it, that must be the reason why Sven kept engaging the enemy bots when I was laning with him as Spectre. Due to dispersion dealing damage to them, he thought I wanted to initiate.
    Yeah, that's the typical case (though obviously that's wrong with Dispersion) -- the bot is thinking that you're initiating an attack and responding with a stun. Many of the heroes do have additional situations where they'll use their abilities (VS will swap into tower range, Sven is more likely to stun in tower range, etc), but as with most things, it could still use some work.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I've noticed that Lion's mana drain also causes bots to instantly react with stuns, which leads to rather unfortunate results early on laning against Sven when your allied bot decides that you aren't worth saving...