Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Make PA Arcana style selectable after evolving.

Basic Member

Make PA Arcana style selectable after evolving.

Currently, after you evolve your PA arcana you are stuck with that style. Unlike other evolving cosmetics in Dota 2, PA arcana doesn't change in form only in colour. It would be great if we were given the option to choose which colour we'd like on our PA arcana given we paid $28 on it.

Basic Member
    Yes please this is a huge issue. The original color matches the set much better than the evolved one. This is a really expensive item it should have the option to choose it's style.

Maybe even add evolving to the whole set and not only the swords so that they match like the original swords do.
    Last edited by Bloodcyka; 11-22-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Banned
    Agreed! Make it as STYLE (selectable) like some other Mythical items. If no make it, I am going to FUCK VALVE forever!
    Please insert the wallpaper http://postimg.org/image/i0tixz571/full/ as PA's ARCANA loadscreen as well if owner reaches 100 points.
    Else, I feel like spending so much of money for this 1 arcana? But some others can get it so fucking easily through earlier bug.

Basic Member
    agreed with commentary!
    it will be logic and great addition
    Last edited by Wedfall; 11-22-2014 at 06:09 AM.

ALLSO it would be really cool if you could put color gems in to it like you can with the terrorblade arcaina i would love to make my arcane green <3

Basic Member
    I hope they do this. If they ignore this issue i wont buy anymore arcanas. I really like the original set but with the fire weapons looks silly.

I guess it's my fault for falling in the trap and pre order without knowing all the details.

Why should PA players be treated any differently than TB players? If you want another color, you have to get a whole other item.

But, I do think they should fix this and the TB item as well.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    Because TB players have hundreds of colour choices and PA players have 3? A number which has a precedent for using the style system, like my TPL qop set.

Basic Member
    I came here to make this exact post.
    There are two glaring issues with the Manifold Paradox. Before I list them let me just say that the item itself is great. The design, the animations, the model texture changes and most of the particles look fantastic. The lore is great too!

However as some have said in this thread the styles NEED to be selectable(first problem). Besides there being more choice to your Phantom Assassin loadout/appearance, a big reason for this is the third evolution looks awful(second problem). Adding orange to Phantom Assassin's pallet is super ugly and painful to look at. I don't want to have to wear fire blades but due to it always leveling up someday it will be stuck on the 3rd evolution(fire particles). This is awful! The worst thing about this is that the starting look(level 1) is the best look. Why did you not save the nice cool blue effect for the last evolution? It's the best because it mimics the color of the rest of the character/arcana effects and fits her look/color scheme perfectly.

I'd also like to see the third and second evolutions re-done to better suit her look. Maybe a glowing purple instead of red? Fiery swords would make this the 5th Arcana currently released with a fire theme(Lina's hair, Legion's fiery wartorn particles, Techies' cannon fire, Shadow Fiend's arcana's entire fire-filled look). I understand that fire is cool but you guys don't need to put it on every single Arcana! Please leave PA's effect nice cool shadowy colors like blue, dark blue, purple.. or a cool green like her normal eye color. I understand it's asking a lot to change your already advertised evolution styles so that's why the priority here is making the styles selectable regardless of the Arcana's level.

But if you guys really cared about the art style then you should make the evolutions easier on the eyes, please
    Last edited by DarkKyo; 11-22-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKyo View Post
    I came here to make this exact post.
    There are two glaring issues with the Manifold Paradox. Before I list them let me just say that the item itself is great. The design, the animations, the model texture changes and most of the particles look fantastic. The lore is great too!

However as some have said in this thread the styles NEED to be selectable(first problem). Besides there being more choice to your Phantom Assassin loadout/appearance, a big reason for this is the third evolution looks awful(second problem). Adding orange to Phantom Assassin's pallet is super ugly and painful to look at. I don't want to have to wear fire blades but due to it always leveling up someday it will be stuck on the 3rd evolution(fire particles). This is awful! The worst thing about this is that the starting look(level 1) is the best look. Why did you not save the nice cool blue effect for the last evolution? It's the best because it mimics the color of the rest of the character/arcana effects and fits her look/color scheme perfectly.

I'd also like to see the third and second evolutions re-done to better suit her look. Maybe a glowing purple instead of red? Fiery swords would make this the 5th Arcana currently released with a fire theme(Lina's hair, Legion's fiery wartorn particles, Techies' cannon fire, Shadow Fiend's arcana's entire fire-filled look). I understand that fire is cool but you guys don't need to put it on every single Arcana! Please leave PA's effect nice cool shadowy colors like blue, dark blue, purple.. or a cool green like her normal eye color. I understand it's asking a lot to change your already advertised evolution styles so that's why the priority here is making the styles selectable regardless of the Arcana's level.

But if you guys really cared about the art style then you should make the evolutions easier on the eyes, please
    Phantom Assassin's dual blades should be red in color. Not the ugly orange. But it seems that VALVE want to make it flaming, so...I think a color between orange - red is better.