Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change in Recent Games filtering behavior

Valve Developer

Change in Recent Games filtering behavior

We are getting ready to update the backend servers to fix the performance issues in the Recent Games tab. After the change, the tab should work significantly better. In particular, filtering games by name or date and using the "Tournament Games" checkbox will all work much better.

Getting this to work right means we had to change the behavior in a couple ways. One thing that's changing is that when searching by player name, partial name matches will no longer work. Only matches played by people with the exact name you typed will be displayed. Case is ignored, so typing "zoid" of "ZOID" instead of "Zoid" will find Zoid's matches but no matches from "Zoidberg".

Also, if you specify both player and hero names, it will only show matches where that player played as that hero. Previously matches where the player played with or against that hero were also shown. Hopefully this will make it easier to find the exact match you're looking for.

Basic Member
    get ready gurl, all the games i played are waiting to be downloaded. yay! so happy

Basic Member
    Amazing. I found the exact game I was looking for of pro-player wehsing playing as Alchemist. Tried before but to no avail. Fetching the games and actually filling the list is also a lot faster. Before I would have to press "next" and "previous" a bunch of times to fill up a page with games.

The recent games tab works so much better now, thanks for this.
    // Economy
    "NotTheStringsYoureLookingFor"

Basic Member
    Can we wildcard search?

Will Zoid* return games from Zoidberg?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoada View Post
    Amazing. I found the exact game I was looking for of pro-player wehsing playing as Alchemist. Tried before but to no avail. Fetching the games and actually filling the list is also a lot faster. Before I would have to press "next" and "previous" a bunch of times to fill up a page with games.
    I can't find anything on Wehsing, singsing, or sing_sing. What did you search for?
    Also, how can you watch/download a replay? Every single game I have does not have a replay appearently

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by AirPhforce View Post
    Can we wildcard search?

Will Zoid* return games from Zoidberg?
    Unfortunately, no, there is currently no wildcard support. We're looking at more ways to find the players you're looking for, so it should keep improving as time goes on.

Basic Member
    why thank you sirs

Basic Member
    Thank you so much. The whole system was really falling apart these past few weeks, and now it's back on it's feet and running very quickly.

Quite a few of my games are still coming up with "Replay Unavailable", though. Can anything be done about this?

Works fine now finding the games, i coudnt find ANY from a few weeks now. Still, almost all the replays are unavaible... are them lost forever?
    Maverick Hunter.