Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Map design against fountain farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleau View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say here buddy.

Anyway, I guess I should leave a constructive reply here.
    Here's my view on fountain farming:
    It should be left in because
    1. you can just ignore it since the game is already over if you're at that stage.
    2. If you can't ignore it means it pisses you off which is the correct reaction and that will motivate you to do better in other games so it doesn't happen again.
    The fact of the matter is you're delaying a dead game. The 5 minutes you spend killing people that have ZERO chance to defend is 5 minutes they could be playing something else. Your selfish need to boost your KDR will ultimately turn players against the DotA community and directly towards games like LoL or not playing at all. Which may be fine for you because you obviously do not care if the community grows or not. There is no point to it there for it shouldn't be allowed. Getting fountain farmed is not going to allow you to increase your skills to prevent it from happening. DotA has a ton of variables that decide if you win or lose a game.
    -MetuZ
    MetuZ prounced Met-tus like lettuce
    We Are Oracle

Basic Member
    I would like the fountain to be in a higher level.. Stop the enemies vision and some miss chance against "snipers"

Wouldn't change the gameplay (much) but would maybe dissuade some fountain farmers from continuing

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMark1 View Post
    I would like the fountain to be in a higher level.. Stop the enemies vision and some miss chance against "snipers"

Wouldn't change the gameplay (much) but would maybe dissuade some fountain farmers from continuing
    I like that, plus it'd give vision of Pudges or Dark Seers trying to pull you out.

BUT, it'd take away their vision of you. Which is probably too much.

It works both ways..the fountain can also be used to kill enemy heroes and such.Also fountain diving can be evaded most of the time with a bit of skill/luck(and afkers wont mind).It seems pointless to me to whine about something that does not affect the outcome of the game just becouse it chips away a little of your ego.So yeah T-down.

Basic Member
    It seems pointless to me to whine about something that does not affect the outcome of the game just becouse it chips away a little of your ego.
    Actually its a waste of everyone's time. I hate it even when my team does it, everyone knows the game is over just end it instead everyone has to wait another 5-15 minutes so some people can get their K/D up to boost their little ego's. Just end the game, T-UP

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    It works both ways..the fountain can also be used to kill enemy heroes and such.Also fountain diving can be evaded most of the time with a bit of skill/luck(and afkers wont mind).It seems pointless to me to whine about something that does not affect the outcome of the game just becouse it chips away a little of your ego.So yeah T-down.
    It's an obnoxious waste of time. It seems pointless to allow it when a team that can afford to do it and not end up giving the game away to the other team can EASILY go finish the game in 5 minutes.

I read alot of complaints about fountain farming.

I see no suggestions on alternatives or even 'fixing' the current layout.

Personally, I am neutral on fountain farming. There is a fine line between fountain farming in order to drag a game (ignoring towers, rax), and fountain farming to actually prevent dragging of a game (preventing opposing players from defending while base is being demolished)

In a game where we have killstreak announcements, hero taunts, and other purely ego inflating features, I find the argument that 'fountain farming just feeds egos' to be rather thin.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

I will say my opinion with one example:

I was in a long game, where the enemy team pushed mid raxes, and they got overconfident. They tried to fountain farm, but we managed to kill their carry, and then we won the game.

When ppl try to fountain farm, it is usually to stop the other team from gathering as 5, cause if they spawn all 5 with full HP they may kill the opposing team. So in some cases we just try to keep their numbers lower than 5. Also you can stop fountain farmers in some cases with force staff, pudge hook, dark seer vacuum, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by keranov View Post

I was in a long game, where the enemy team pushed mid raxes, and they got overconfident. They tried to fountain farm, but we managed to kill their carry, and then we won the game.

When ppl try to fountain farm, it is usually to stop the other team from gathering as 5, cause if they spawn all 5 with full HP they may kill the opposing team. So in some cases we just try to keep their numbers lower than 5. Also you can stop fountain farmers in some cases with force staff, pudge hook, dark seer vacuum, etc.
    exactly

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keranov View Post

This.

To say that it is a waste of time means that you don't care about winning. Fountain farming will provide the team on the receiving end with a chance to turn the game around, and it has happened many times in my experience. If fountain farming were removed it doesn't mean the game will end any faster. Maybe the enemy team will just wait for you to exit the fountain and kill you anyway without going for your ancient.

No one has posted a legitimate solution to this problem. So either you have fun with it, wait until they get bored and end it, or try to turn the tables on them.

Note: Someone mentioned increasing the AOE of the fog around fountain, but this is already countered with a ward, which can be bought from the enemy store anyway.