Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Map design against fountain farm.

Basic Member
    Hahah, ego trippin fountain farm. I guess if you are 10y old kid you like it.

All what is needed is to make the fountain area more like Dota 1, where you can cut down trees behind fountain to find a safer place.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandang View Post
    just implement concede/forfeit alrdy! this solves everything.
    as said if pudge can foutain farm then the game is over and u should just cc asap.
    I agree. Sometimes it get annoying knowing you lost the game, and waiting for the team to finish the game so you don't get a abandonment.

Banned
    We need surrender/concede vote;
    Fountain farming is harmless in DotA2, unlike fountain grief in HoN where a team of 5 people would storm fountain and farm kills cus K-A is being tracked (which makes people start flaming before the match even begins)
    Imo, as most of the people posted, when you get into fountain farm, it means game is over

Basic Member
    I honestly don't really care much for fountain farm, I understand why it can be annoying, but meh, not annoying enough for me to stop playing. All these people saying add in a concede option, I love this idea (I did play LoL between Dota 1 and Dota 2) however you gotta be cautious with this kind of thing, people like to give up easily when they shouldn't and will quite often result in your wasting 20 minutes of your life just to have your team mates vote to surrender when you could have probably still won (just because they are horribly out killing you in fights doesn't mean you will lose...). If they do add a concede option there would need to be a lot of thought gone into it so it only gets used in the right circumstances.

Seriously though, fountain farm, so much QQ over such a little thing...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkitty View Post
    I agree that there should be some way or some corner that would guarantee safety against fountain farming.

Fountain farming shouldn't be 'removed' from the game or be made entirely impossible. Whether you like it or not (I personally do not), it is a part of DotA. I'll admit that when I just crushed the enemy team (and pushed down 1-2 sets of rax) I do sometimes enjoy getting those 1-2 kills under the fountain after which I'll just go finish and kill the throne. I don't really find it annoying if the enemy team does this either.

The annoying part starts if the enemy team happens to consists of 4-5 immature players that continue farming for 5-10 minutes after I've politely said 'gg wp' 5 times asked them to finish the game ('pls, pretty pls'). The worst part of those situations is that those kind of players seem to enjoy or crave fountain farming so much, that they start doing it after (sometimes not even) destroying 1 set of rax on a sidelane (and 'those kind of players' also almost always happen to be Pudge players, funny coincident ^^). This results in a situation where the game IS most likely over, but it can take more then 10 minutes before the super creeps from 1 sidelane will actually destroy the throne and/or other raxes.

Without some way 'motivate' the enemy players to halt the fountain farming and go finish the game, this is undeniably unhealthy for the game as it can be very demotivating (especially newer players) Loads of solutions have allready been brought up in this thread and I'm not gonna repeat them all. My personally favorite would be to make the fountain area bigger so that there is at least 1 small spot where you'll be immune to level 4 pudge hooks (at least 1300 range from any point OUTSIDE the fountain area).

This brings me to my final point, there is a huge difference between 'fountain farming' and 'fountain diving'. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with 'fountain diving'. It is intrinsically a 'high rish, low reward' action. This means that by itself it will be a motivation for the enemies to stop doing it and kill the throne. 'Fountain farming' however, with e.g. Pudge hooks or Ethereal Blade + Dagon (tinkers), etc is 'low risk, low reward'. This is why increasing the fountain area is my favorite solution; It provides a refuge against excessive fountain farming, while still allowing fountain diving without making it 'exponentially' harder.
    +1

I report everyone going camping instead of finishing. No matter the team. ;D
    In dota 1 I had my bot count kills from basecamping as deaths. Good old times...

Basic Member
    If all 5 players on a team leave, it's the equivalent of conceding. There you go, now shut up about concede because it's stupid and does way more harm than good.

There are many suggestions to prevent fountain farming that prevent fountain farming as much as concede, without the con of 4 idiots conceding because someone fed first blood (this happens in LoL and it suuuucks).

Basic Member
    Buy force staff. Make them dive in. Profit.

Buy tp. TP out of the base and push till they leave your fountain

Not optimal solutions, but it's what we have for now

Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    If all 5 players on a team leave, it's the equivalent of conceding. There you go, now shut up about concede because it's stupid and does way more harm than good.
    Then someone decides that he wants to troll and four people get an abandon. Now stop telling people to shut up.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spektor View Post
    Then someone decides that he wants to troll and four people get an abandon. Now stop telling people to shut up.
    Only one person gets an abandon. Thought I'd stop in and say it. Also, you too should stop arguing and telling each other to shut up. Thanks.

This will only encourage more afk during ancient push which is equivalent to concede.
    The area behind fountain in dota1 does not really prevent fountain farming much. If valve wanted this "aspect" to be in game, they'd have done this long ago.