Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Map design against fountain farm.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Map design against fountain farm.

DotA 1 had a forest behind the fountain which made it possible to hide from Pudge who is fountain farming AFKers. Dota 2 map on the otherhand does not have this, and thus makes it impossible to hide from a fountain famring Pudge. If it is not the case that DotA 2 is promoting fountain farming, it should not allow such behavior to happen. Of course fountain farming happened in DotA 1, I am not denying that. I am saying that it was a defect in the game that fountain could be killed with frostbite and the team focusfire. The reason why fountain has such high dps and kills almost any enemy who enters the area is because the game is initially designed to stop fountain farming, otherwise why bother adding the attack function to fountain at all? To make the long story short, there should be a hiding place for people to avoid heroes such as Pudge to fountain farm heroes or make it impossible to fountain farm.

I don't see a point in fountain farming. If they do such things, the game is pretty much over and will end in a few minutes.
    SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION. DAMNIT.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTe_eXe View Post
    I don't see a point in fountain farming. If they do such things, the game is pretty much over and will end in a few minutes.
    Actually, a lot of pub players like to waste time fountain farming you, forcing you to drag out the game for 5-10 more minutes just so they can get more kills. This pisses a lot of people off, as well as turning away newer players from the game. If Valve refuses to implement a surrender function, they should, at the very least, prevent fountain farming like this because it wastes valuable time.

Basic Member
    I simply hate it. Whenever my team does it, I focus on the ancient hoping to end the game ASAP. Don't have to tell you how awfuly boring and idiotic it is when the other team does it. IceFrog should do something about it in DotA 2. Make fountain farming impossible.

the space around the fountain is in fog now. that was not the case in dota1.

check out navi's clip "one step ahead" where you can see that can be pretty fun.... but that is called fountain DIVING.

as said before, if pudge comes to your base to hook you, the game is pretty much over and that is a part of dota... it is up to players to decide how much will they humiliate their opponents.

in this situation it means the team defeated so .
    T-down dont change the map

the best part of ending a game, is the fountain farm.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    the best part of ending a game, is the fountain farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberho View Post
    as said before, if pudge comes to your base to hook you, the game is pretty much over and that is a part of dota... it is up to players to decide how much will they humiliate their opponents.

While I dont know if I agree with changing the map or whatever, this is a stupid fucking opinion to have.

Basic Member
    just implement concede/forfeit alrdy! this solves everything.
    as said if pudge can foutain farm then the game is over and u should just cc asap.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandang View Post
    just implement concede/forfeit alrdy! this solves everything.
    as said if pudge can foutain farm then the game is over and u should just cc asap.
    This. I don't understand why there is no concede option.