Thread: [Confirmed] Reaper's Scythe doesn't deal its full damage when it kills the target

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Reaper's Scythe doesn't deal its full damage when it kills the target

When the target of Reaper's Scythe dies from the scythe damage, it will only do the current HP of the target as damage instead of doing the full damage. This leads to very less damage being returned by Blade Mail and Dispersion if the target is at very low HP.
    scythe.png

Last edited by bu3ny; 12-14-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added vid

Basic Member
    Bump

Basic Member
    edit : nvm i was wrong

just like you said reaper's scythe deals remaining hp as damage instead of percentage of your missing hp
    Last edited by cyanist; 12-11-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Added video.

Considering how everything else in the game always deals its full damage (eg laguna blade on someone with 5 hp will still deal 950 damage, not 5), Reaper's Scythe should do that, too.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    So, I just found out this doesn't only happen when Reaper's Scythe kills the target. It happens when anything kills the target during Reaper's Scythe. If any damage instance occurs which will kill the target, Reaper's Scythe will do the hp of the target as damage and kill it. The damage which triggered this gets totally ignored.
    Eg: Centaur at 1 HP uses blademail.
    Necro uses Reaper's Scythe and Line uses Laguna Blade after that.
    Only necro will take 1 damage from blademail and Lina wont take anything at all.

Looks different from how it was working.

I seem to have misunderstood. I wonder how this happened. That item has a lot of strange limitations, mostly with regards to sources of damage that aren't the hero. Perhaps this is one of those times, did they use a dummy unit for the new version of his ultimate? And would it make sense for damage to be dealt to the same hero from spells from their ally hitting the target?
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 12-16-2014 at 12:46 AM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    It's not okay, regardless, how much earlier you're gonna use the item? Before getting stunned, and that's all you can do. And the coding they apparently used is if something is going to kill the target, discard that damage instance and just "imitate" kill order on it. I say "imitate", because it looks much like Culling Blade (also wrong) coding, but even more stupid.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    So, I just found out this doesn't only happen when Reaper's Scythe kills the target. It happens when anything kills the target during Reaper's Scythe. If any damage instance occurs which will kill the target, Reaper's Scythe will do the hp of the target as damage and kill it. The damage which triggered this gets totally ignored.
    Eg: Centaur at 1 HP uses blademail.
    Necro uses Reaper's Scythe and Line uses Laguna Blade after that.
    Only necro will take 1 damage from blademail and Lina wont take anything at all.
    This is probably related to the change to Reaper's Scythe that always credits Necrolyte with the kill if an enemy dies during Reaper's Scythe. They probably did it by preventing the other hero's lethal damage instance, then replacing it with a damage instance from Necrolyte that does lethal damage.

Basic Member
    Huh, didn't I say the same?

bump